In an exciting match week, 14 fixture two UEFA Europa League side will take on each other. This is absolutely going to be one heck of a contest when RCD Espanyol will host Getafe CF in a vital La Liga fixture. The RCD Stadium of Catalonia will have the privilege to host this game. However, this clash will take place right before both side’s penultimate UEL Fixtures! The Periquitos who finished 7th on the league table last season will head towards Hungary right after taking on Getafe. In fact, they will take on NB I side Ferencvaros in a crucial European night encounter. Thus they won’t get enough rest after this Getafe clash and will be having such a busy time.
Conversely, the team from the Spanish capital who finished 5th in the league ladder in the previous season will be playing their 7th road match at the RCD Stadium. However, they will be flying to Turkey after taking on this Catalonia based club. The Madrid based side will actually play Trabzonspor in their 5th league stage game of the UEL.
- Participating Teams: RCD Espanyol vs Getafe CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 14
- Date: 22nd/23rd/24th November 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: RCDE Stadium
- Location: Cornella and El Prat, Barcelona, Spain
- Capacity: 40,500
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Andres, Adrian, Diego Lopez.
- Defenders: Pipa, Naldo, A Pedrosa, Lluiz Lopez, D Vila, Bernardo Espinosa, A Giner, David Lopez, Javi Lopez.
- Midfielders: Matias Vargas, Victor Sanchez, A Iturrapse, S Darder, Oscar Melendo, Alex Lopez, Marc Roca, Esteban Granero, Wu Lei, Nicolas Melamed.
- Forwards: Victor Campuzano, Borja Iglesias, Facundo Ferreyra, Javier Puado, Pablo Piatti.
Getafe Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Loenadro Chichizola, David Soria.
- Defenders: Marc Cucurella, Allan Nyom, Raul Garcia, Vitorio Antunes, Leonardo Cabrera, Bruno, Mathias Olivera, Miquel, Damian Suarez.
- Midfielders: Fransisco Portillo, Markel Bergara, Mauro Arambarri, Jorge Molina, Nemanja Maksimovic, Ivi, Faycal Fajr.
- Forwards: M Ndockyt, Enric Gallego, Jack Harper, Jaime Mata, Angel, Ivan Alejo.
Espanyol last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date):
- 2-1 Win vs Eibar
- 0-3 Defeat vs Granada
- 0-0 Draw vs Deportivo Alaves
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
Getafe Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Alaves
- 1-1 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barca
Predicted Result: Espanyol 1 – 2 Getafe
Match Preview: Both the sides will have their UEFA Europa League fixtures awaiting within 4 days. In addition to this, each of them will have to travel to a foreign country which means they will have a long trip ahead of them. Thus one may think that the managers will give some of their key player rest. But as it seems, their conditions in the league table isn’t promising either. So the manager can’t take such a high risk of losing the valuable points. That’s why I think, both the teams will play with their best possible XI in this fixture.
Nevertheless, I’m expecting a well-balanced competition in this game. I am also backing each of the sides to score. Above all, my pick is an away victory for Getafe CF.