At the very same time of the Atletico Eibar clash, another La Liga match will take place on the very first day of the September. Catalan club Espanyol will host Granada in a match week 03 fixture. In addition to this, it will be the 2nd home league game of the campaign for the Periquitos. After their season opener at the RCDE Stadium, the Magicos went to play Deportivo Alaves. Now they will come back to the home to face the Nazaries. Conversely, it will be 2nd away game of the season for Granada. Following their home clash against Sevilla, the Catalonia based club is once again all set to play another away match just like their season opener against the Yellow Submarines. The fixture has been scheduled to start on 7 pm local time (5 pm GMT).
- Participating Teams: Espanyol vs Sevilla
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 03
- Date: 1st September 2019
- Time: 6 pm BST/ 5 pm GMT/ 7 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: RCDE Stadium
- Location: Cornella and El Prat, Barcelona, Spain
- Capacity: 40,500
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Andres, Diego Lopez.
- Defenders: Pipa, Naldo, Adria Pedrosa, Lluiz Lopez Marmol, Didac Vila, Bernardo Espinosa, Adria Lopez Garrote.
- Midfielders: Mohamed Ezzarfani, Matias Vargas, Victor Sanchez, Ander Iturrapse, Sergi Darder, Oscar Melendo, David Lopez, Javi Lopez, Alex Lopez, Marc Roca, Esteban Granero, Wu Lei, Nicolas Melamed.
- Forwards: Victor Campuzano, Borja Iglesias, Facundo Ferreyra, Javier Puado, Pablo Piatti
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell, Alberto Lejarraga Rubio.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, Adrian Castellano, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Alex Martinez, Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Alberto, Jose Gonzalez.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano.
Espanyol Last 5 Matches:
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 2-0 Win vs Leganes
- 3-0 Win vs Atletico Madrid
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Betis
- 1-1 Draw vs Celta Vigo
Granada Last 5 Matches:
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
- 1-1 Draw vs Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Cadiz
- 1-0 Win vs Albacete
- 2-1 Win vs Tenerife
Predicted Result: Espanyol 1 – 0 Granada
Match Preview: First of all, Espanyol looks the stronger side between these two sides on pen and paper. Moreover, they will play in their familiar home condition as well. So they will be definitely psychologically ahead than their counterparts. Undoubtedly David Gallego’s lads will go for all 3 points. It indicates attacking tactics from David. Goalkeeper Diego Lopez will be a key player for the home side.
On the other hand, the visitors just got themselves promoted to the Spanish top flight. Last season, they had an amazing campaign at the Segunda Division. But in an away La Liga clash Diego Martinez might not take risk by playing attacking football. He may choose a defensive tactic but will definitely look to take something with them while returning home.
Firstly, I guess there will be a shortage of goals and under 2.5 goals in this clash. I also think that both the team can’t score in this encounter. Secondly, I am backing Diego Lopez to keep the clean sheet. Finally, my prediction is a 1-0 victory for the home side.