RCD Esapnyol are going to have a busy period during the late November and early December. The UEFA Europa League contenders will have to play as many as 3 matches within a period of less than a week and a half. They will take on CA Osasuna in a match day 15 fixture. It is also going to be their 8th home game of this ongoing La Liga campaign. In additio to this, it will be their 2nd straight home game of the Spanish top flight. However, the fact which has made things complicated, will be their penultimate UEL fixture. In between their back to back league home fixtures, the Periquitos will have to pay a visit to the Hungary. Because they will face Hungarian side Ferencvaros in their penultimate game of the group stage in the European 2nd tier competition.
On the contrary, last season’s Segunda Division champions, CA Osasuna will be playing their 8th away game of the season. The newly promoted side, who started their away campaign with a victory, will have this trip to the RCD Stadium, following their home game against Athletic Bilbao.
- Participating Teams: RCD Espanyol vs CA Osauna
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 15
- Date: TBA
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: RCDE Stadium
- Location: Cornella and El Prat, Barcelona, Spain
- Capacity: 40,500
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Andres, Adrian, Diego Lopez.
- Defenders: Pipa, Naldo, A Pedrosa, Lluiz Lopez, D Vila, Bernardo Espinosa, A Giner, David Lopez, Javi Lopez.
- Midfielders: Matias Vargas, Victor Sanchez, A Iturrapse, S Darder, Oscar Melendo, Alex Lopez, Marc Roca, Esteban Granero, Wu Lei, Nicolas Melamed.
- Forwards: Victor Campuzano, Borja Iglesias, Facundo Ferreyra, Javier Puado, Pablo Piatti.
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Herrera, Ruben, Juan Perez.
- Defenders: Oier, Carlos Clerc, Unai Garcia, Lillo, Juan Villar Vazquez, Aridane Hernandez, Endika Irigoyen.
- Midfielders: Nacho Vidal, David Garcia, Fran Merida, Roberto Torres, Ruben Garcia, Robert Ibanez, Inigo Perez, Miguel Olavide, Luis Perea, Jon Moncayola, Aimar Oroz.
- Forwards: Xisco, Enrique Barja, Brandon Thomas, Ivan Christopher Martinez, Javier Martinez.
Espanyol last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date):
- 2-1 Win vs Eibar
- 0-3 Defeat vs Granada
- 0-0 Draw vs Deportivo Alaves
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
Osasuna Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Valladolid
- 2-2 Draw vs FC Barcelona
- 0-0 Draw vs Eibar
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Oviedo
Predicted Result: Espanyol 1 – 1 Osauna
Match Preview: RCD Espanyol couldn’t get the start they expected. They struggled in the earlier matches. But managed to recover a bit as the season progressed. However, they will be playing at the home which will keep them ahead mentally. Thus they should play for the victory in this game. So I expect their manager to opt a balanced style of playing.
Conversely, Osauna really made a sensational start. They should be confident before taking on this Catalan side. However, considering it as an away fixture, they may opt to play defensively.
it’s tough to differentiate between the two sides. Long journey from Hungary may have some impacts on the Periquitos. However, I’m still expecting a good battle. Above all, my pick is a 1-1 draw.