Espanyol will take on Real Sociedad in a match week 05 clash. The team from the Barcelona finished 7th in the league ladder last season. But they didn’t start well to the new campaign. In the very first match of the season, Sevilla defeated them by 2-0 margin at their own back yard. Now they are all set to play their 3rd home game at the RCDE Stadium. However, they will come back from the Estadio Municipal de Ipurua after facing Eibar away from the abode.
On the contrary, Real Sociedad are all set to take part in their 4th away fixture of the season. After 3 consecutive away clashes they went back to the Anoeta to welcome Atletico de Madrid. Now they will be once again pack off their kit bag to have a trip to the RCDE Stadium, Barcelona. Nevertheless, they gained a hard fought point against Valencia CF at the Mestalla Stadium in their season opener. So considering away condition, that sort of results won’t be bad at all.
- Participating Teams: Espanyol vs Real Sociedad
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 05
- Date: 22nd September, 2019
- Time: 1 pm BST/ 12 pm GMT/ 2 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: RCDE Stadium
- Location: Cornella and El Prat, Barcelona, Spain
- Capacity: 40,500
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Andres, Diego Lopez.
- Defenders: Pipa, Naldo, Adria Pedrosa, Lluiz Lopez Marmol, Didac Vila, Bernardo Espinosa, Adria Lopez Garrote.
- Midfielders: Mohamed Ezzarfani, Matias Vargas, Victor Sanchez, Ander Iturrapse, Sergi Darder, Oscar Melendo, David Lopez, Javi Lopez, Alex Lopez, Marc Roca, Esteban Granero, Wu Lei, Nicolas Melamed.
- Forwards: Victor Campuzano, Borja Iglesias, Facundo Ferreyra, Javier Puado, Pablo Piatti.
Real Sociedad Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Geronimo Rulli, Alex Remiro, Miguel Angel Moya.
- Defenders: Joseba Zaldua, Modibo Sagnan, Diego Llorente, Hector Moreno, Aritz Elustondo, Gorosabel, Robin Le Normand, Aihen Munoz.
- Midfielders: Martin Odegaard, Portu, Alexander Isak, Igor Zubeldia, Asier Illaramendi, Mikel Marino, Ruben Pardo, Adnan Januzaj, David Zurutuza, Raul Navas, Kevin Rodrigues, Luca Sangelli, Ander Guevara.
- Forwards: Mikel Oyarzabal, Willian Jose, Ander Barrentxea.
Espanyol Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date):
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 2-0 Win vs Leganes
- 3-0 Win vs Atletico Madrid
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Betis
Real Sociedad Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Valencia CF
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-1 Win vs Real Madrid
- 1-0 Win vs Alaves
- 2-1 Win vs Getafe
Predicted Result : Espanyol 0 – 1 Real Sociedad
Match Preview : Firstly, it is going to be an interesting clash. Both the sides match each other in the terms of squad strength. Although Sociedad looks a little bit stronger, Espanyol will play at their home condition. So a mouth watering game is on the card for sure.
Espanyol will may apply a 4-4-2 formation. Ferreyra and Wu Lei will most probably partner each other in the front line. However, They will look forward to earning all the 3 points from this home fixture. Conversely, The White and Blues will be also looking for a win. In addition to this, Imanol Alguacil will most probably go with a 4-3-3 formation.
Coming to the prediction, I suspect that it is going to be a clash between the goal keepers. So I guess there will be less than 2.5 goals in the clash. Moreover, I also expect Moya to keep a clean sheet. Finally, my prediction for this fixture is a 1-0 victory for the visiting side.