After a hat-trick of road matches, RCD Espanyol is set to make their comeback to the home. They will return to the RCD Stadium of Catalonia after back to back to back away trips. Their away tour would begin with the visit to the Ludogorets Arena where they would play Ludogorets in an important UEFA Europa League fixture. Then they will head towards Stadium Ciudad de Valencia to take on Levante. However, they will continue their journey as they will have to pay a visit to the San Mames to come face to face with Athletic Bilbao. Eventually, after the number of road games, they will make their reversion to the RCD Stadium. This time they will play Valencia CF in a game-day 13 fixture.
On the contrary, Valencia CF will play their 6th road game of the season while traveling the Catalonia based venue. They will have this trip to the RCD Stadium following their home clash against Sevilla FC. However, after taking on the Periquitos, the Oranges will head back to their home to play French Ligue 1 side Lille in a UCL encounter.
- Participating Teams: Espanyol vs Valencia
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 12
- Date: 1st/2nd/3rd November 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: RCDE Stadium
- Location: Cornella and El Prat, Barcelona, Spain
- Capacity: 40,500
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Andres, Adrian, Diego Lopez.
- Defenders: Pipa, Naldo, A Pedrosa, Lluiz Lopez, D Vila, Bernardo Espinosa, A Giner, David Lopez, Javi Lopez.
- Midfielders: Matias Vargas, Victor Sanchez, A Iturrapse, S Darder, Oscar Melendo, Alex Lopez, Marc Roca, Esteban Granero, Wu Lei, Nicolas Melamed.
- Forwards: Victor Campuzano, Borja Iglesias, Facundo Ferreyra, Javier Puado, Pablo Piatti.
- Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen, Jaume Domenech.
- Defenders: Gabriel, Mouctar Diakhaby, Jose Gaya, Daniel Wass, Cristian Piccini, Ezequiel Garay, Salvador Ruiz.
- Midfielders: Alvaro Medran, Maxi Gomez, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Carlos Soler, Dani Parejo, Kang-In Lee, Ferran Torres, Uros Racic, Francis Coquelin.
- Forwards: Manuel Vallejo, Goncalo Guedes, Denis Cheryshev, Jason, Ruben Sobrino, Kevin Gameiro, Rodrigo.
Espanyol last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date):
- 0-3 Defeat vs Granada
- 0-0 Draw vs Deportivo Alaves
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 2-0 Win vs Leganes
Valencia Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Real Mallorca
- 0-1 Defeat vs Celta Vigo
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Barcelona
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
Predicted Result: Espanyol 1 – 2 Valencia
Match Preview: Valencia definitely looks stronger on pen and paper between the two sides. But Espanyol will play at their home and will get advantage from the familiar condition. Thus it is going to be an exciting battle for the fans.
In addition to this, Los Ches leads in the current head to head records. They have won 3 out of the last 5 games against Espanyol. Conversely, the Catalan side has won only one game. However, the latest meeting so far between the two sides ended in a draw. But the last time the two teams played against each other at the RCD Stadium, Espanyol had the last laugh. So it is definitely going to boost their morale.
Nevertheless, my pick for this game is an away victory for Valencia CF.