Sunday means fun day. The 29th September will be one heck of a day for the La Liga fans, as it will be full of football. The splendid day will bring a total of 5 matches. However, the day will begin with the clash between Espanyol and Valladolid. It will be a mid day game which has been scheduled to start on 12 pm local time (11 am BST). In addition to this, it will be the 4th home game of the season for Espanyol at the RCDE Stadium. They will come to play this fixture following their trip to the Abanca Balaidos, Vigo. Nevertheless, the Catalonia based side didn’t make a good start to the campaign, as they could only manage 1 point from their opening two fixtures.
Conversely, it will be the 5th away game of the campaign for Real Valladolid. I must mention that, the White and Violets played all their first 3 matches away from the home. However, they will have this trip to the Catalonia, following their home clash against Granada at the Municipal de Zorrilla.
- Participating Teams: Espanyol vs Real Valladolid
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 07
- Date: 29th September, 2019
- Time: 11 am BST/ 10 am GMT/ 12 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: RCDE Stadium
- Location: Cornella and El Prat, Barcelona, Spain
- Capacity: 40,500
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Andres, Adrian, Diego Lopez.
- Defenders: Pipa, Naldo, A Pedrosa, Lluiz Lopez, D Vila, Bernardo Espinosa, A Giner, David Lopez, Javi Lopez.
- Midfielders: Matias Vargas, Victor Sanchez, A Iturrapse, S Darder, Oscar Melendo, Alex Lopez, Marc Roca, Esteban Granero, Wu Lei, Nicolas Melamed.
- Forwards: Victor Campuzano, Borja Iglesias, Facundo Ferreyra, Javier Puado, Pablo Piatti.
- Goalkeepers: Churripi, Jordi Masip, Lunin.
- Defenders: Federico Barba, Kiko, Fernando Calero, Luismi, J Antonito, Javi Moyano, Nacho Martinez.
- Midfielders: Javi Sanchez, A Aguado, David Mayoral, Joaquin, San Emeterio, Jorge de Frutos, Hervias, Anuar, Toni Villa, Ruben Alcaraz, Michel, Fede.
- Forwards: Chris Ramos, Waldo Rubio, Sandro Ramirez, E Unal, Oscar Plano, Sergi Guardiola.
Espanyol Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date):
- 0-0 Draw vs Deportivo Alaves
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 2-0 Win vs Leganes
- 3-0 Win vs Atletico Madrid
Valladolid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Madrid
- 2-1 Win vs Real Betis
- 0-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-1 Win vs Rayo Vallecano
- 1-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
Predicted Result : Espanyol 1 – 1 Real Valladolid
Match Preview : RCD Espanyol had an amazing last season. But they didn’t get a similar kind of start this season. However, it’s quite early in the campaign. As the White and Blues will play at their home condition, they will try to take the most advantage of it. In addition to this, David Gallego should eye all the 3 points. Thus, I can see him opting an attacking type of footballing display.
On the contrary, The Pucelanos really made a great start to the campaign. They should be fully confident after drawing Real Madrid at the Bernabeu Stadium. So I think, they will also look for the victory. Moreover, they are a dangerous side and considering Sergio Guardiola’s form they can really upset any side.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I guess there will be shortage of goals in the clash. I think, you can go with under 2.5 goals in this clash. However, I back both the side to score. Finally, my pick is a 1-1 draw at the end of the 90 minutes.