Everton and Wolverhampton Wanderers will come face to face in a Sunday afternoon clash at the Goodison Park. The game will be kicked off at the 2 pm local time. Around 39 thousands fans will watch the game live from the Marseyside based venue. It will be the 2nd home game of the campaign for the Marseyside Blues and the second away game for the Wolves. Meanwhile, overall it will be 4th game of the fresh new season for both the sides. The game will be live telecast by the official broadcasters and would be followed by the North London derby.
Match Details :
- Played Between: Everton vs Wolverhampton
- Date: 01 September, 2019
- Time: 2 pm BST
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Goodison Park
- Location: Goodison Road, Walton, Liverpool
- Capacity: 39,572
- Surface: Desso GrassMaster
Everton Squad :
- Goal Keepers : Jordan Pickford, Maarten Stekelenburg, Jonas Lossl.
- Defenders : Luke Garbutt, Matthew Pennington, Cuco Martina, Leighton Baines, Mason Holgate, Seamus Coleman, Yerry Mina, Michael Keane, Lucas Digne.
- Midfielders : Beni Baningime, Kieran Dowell, James Mccarthy, Muhamed Besic, Henry Onyekuru, Morgan Schneiderlin, Tom Davies, Theo Walcott, Bernard, Idrisaa Gueye, Andre Gomes, Gylfi Siggurdson, Richarlison.
- Forwards : Shani Tarashaj, Kevin Mirallas, Cenk Tosun, Ademola Lookman, Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
- Manager : Marco Silva.
Wolverhampton Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Rui Patricio, John Ruddy, Will Norris.
- Defenders: Matt Doherty, Ryan Bennett, Ethan Ebanks-Landell, Willy Boly, Conor Cody, Jonny Otto, Romain Saiss, Ruben Vinagre, Max Kilman.
- Midfielders: Ruben Neves, Diogo Jota, Morgan Gibbs-White, Ryan John Giles, Leander Dendoncker, Joao Moutinho, Adama Traore.
- Forwards: Raul Jimenez, Bright Enobakhare, Leo Bonatini, Niall Ennis, Ivan Cavaleiro.
Everton Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-2 Draw vs Tottenham (Away)
- 2-0 Win vs Burnley (Home)
- 0-0 Draw vs Crystal Palace (Away)
- 4-0 Win vs Man Utd (Home)
- 0-2 Defeat vs Fulham (Away)
Wolverhampton Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Liverpool (A)
- 1-0 Win vs Fulham (H)
- 2-1 Win vs Watford (A)
- 3-1 Win vs Arsenal (H)
- 0-0 Draw vs Brighton (H)
Predicted Result : Everton 2 – 1 Wolverhampton
Match Preview : Marco Silva might go with a 4-4-2 formation. Jordan Pickford starts between the sticks. The most probable center halves would be Keane and Mina. Either Zouma or Coleman starts in the right part of the defence with Lucas Digne in the opposite part. The manager has so many options in the heart of the field but Morgan Schneiderlin and Theo Walcott will certainly feature from the first whistle. Tosun and Gylfi Siggurdsson will appear as the attacking duo. The Icelander plays a very vital role in the squad and can proved to be special on this occasion to decide the game’s result.
The visitors will rely heavily on their gloves man. They won’t probably hold themselves back but in an away condition they might have to be a little bit defensive and the Portuguese will have to face a few distant hitting and a couple of curved free kicks from the likes of Siggurdsson. Leander Dendoncker, Joao Moutinho needs to be at their best if they are to do something special at the Goodison. Raul Jimenez always likes to steal the spotlight and can be the difference maker.
I’m guessing a late Everton victory with 2-1 margin. The first half most probably remains square.