German Bundesliga Runners Up Borussia Dortmund will travel to Switzerland to play FC St. Gallen in a friendly match. The clash has been scheduled to be played on the 30th July 2019. The Kybunpark which was formerly known as the AFG Arena will have the privilege to host this game. The German giants have got a great outset to this preseason campaigning as the Yellow and Blacks earned two victories in their opening two matches. They scored thrice in both of those matches against Sounders and Liverpool respectively. This match will be their 4th and the last commercial match before the opening of the new season. It should be said that the Espen’s are also having an ideal preseason period as they are yet to be defeated in these commercial clashes. The Swiss club has featured in 4 friendlies where they managed to win in 2 matches and drew the other twos. But unfortunately, they got defeated in their season opener in the Swiss Super League against Luzern.
- Participating Teams: FC St. Gallen vs Borussia Dortmund
- Competition: Preseason Friendly Match
- Date: 30th July, 2019
- Time: 6:30 pm BST/ 5:30 pm GMT/ 7:30 pm Local Time
- Day: Tuesday
- Venue: Kybunpark
- Location: St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Capacity: 19,694
St. Gallen Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Dejan Stojanovic, Jonathan Klinsmann, Niko Strubi, Angelo Campos.
- Defenders: Leonidas Stergiou, Milan Vilotic, Adonis Ajeti, Sliman Kchouk, Musah Nuhu, Silvan Hefti, Nicholas Luchinger, Yannis Letard, Vincent Rufli.
- Midfielders: Alain Wiss, Victor Ruiz, Jordi Quintilla, Dereck Kutesa, Cedric Itten, Miro Muheim, Fabiano Alves, Betim Fazliji, Tim Staubli, Fabio Solimando, Babic Boric, Alessandro
:Jeremy Guillemenot, Axel Bakayoko, Lukas Gortler, Moreno Costanzo.
Borussia Dortmund Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Roman Burki, Luca Unbehaun, Marwin Hitz, Eric Oelschlagel.
- Defenders: Dan-Axel Zagadou, Achraf Hakimi, Raphaël Guerreiro, Nico Schulz, Mats Hummels, Manuel Akanji, Leonardo Balerdi, Mateu Morey, Lukasz Piszczek, Marcel Schmelzer, Omer Toprak.
- Midfielders: Thomas Delaney, Jadon Sancho, Mahmoud Dahoud, Mario Gotze, Sergio Gomez, Julian Brandt, Thorgan Hazard, Axel Witsel, Patrick Osterhage, Julian Weigl, Tobias Rasch, Sebastian Rode, Andre Schurrle.
- Forwards: Paco Alcacer, Marco Reus, Maximilian Philipp, Marius Wolf, Jacob Bruun Larsen.
St. Gallen Last 5 Matches:
- 0-2 Defeat vs Luzern
- 2-2 Draw vs Sporting CP
- 3-0 Win vs Bochum
- 5-1 win vs Thun
- 0-0 Draw vs Celtic
Borussia Dortmund Last 5 Matches:
- 3-2 Win vs Liverpool
- 3-1 Win vs Sounders
- 2-0 Win vs Monchengladbach
- 3-2 Win vs Dusseldorf
- 2-2 Draw vs Bremen
Predicted Result: St Gallen 1 – 3 Borussia Dortmund
Match Preview: If you wanna hear about St Gallen starting xi,
Thomas Tuchel would like to taste another victory to end the campaign on a high and should give Paco, Delaney, Larsen and other in form performers a go. But the crowd will be behind their counterparts, means it will be tough for the Signal Iduna Park based club to keep a clean sheet.
So my prediction for this match is a 3-1 away victory for the visitors.