August says good bye with the start of the match week 03 as the Saturday clashes of M.D. 3 to take place on 31st August. The 2nd match of the day will start on 7 pm local time (5 pm GMT). At this time, Getafe will host Alaves in their 2nd consecutive home match of this campaign. Meanwhile, Deportivo Alaves will be on their way to play their very 1st away game of this fresh new season. Getafe will continue their home journey after hosting Athletic Bilbao in the previous encounter. So Coliseum Alphonso Perez will have the privilege to host another league clash. The Babazorros will come to play this match following their battle against Catalan side Espanyol. At the very same time of this match, Levante will also take on Real Valladolid in another league fixture.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Getafe CF vs Deportivo Alaves
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Week: 03
- Date: 31st August
- Time: 6 pm BST/ 5 pm GM/ 7 pm Local Tme
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Coliseum Alphonso Perez
- Location: Getafe, Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 17,393
Getafe Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Filip Manojlovic, Loenadro Chichizola, David Soria, Ruben Yanez.
- Defenders: Marc Cucurella, Allan Nyom, Raul Garcia, Dakoran Djene, Vitorio Antunes, Leonardo Cabrera, Bruno, Mathias Olivera, Miquel, Damian Suarez.
- Midfielders: Lazo, Fransisco Portillo, Markel Bergara, Mauro Arambarri, Jorge Molina, Nemanja Maksimovic.
- Forwards: Merveille Ndockyt, Amath Diedhiou, Enric Gallego, Jack Harper, Jaime Mata, Angel, Ivan Alejo.
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Pacheco, Antonio Sivera.
- Defenders: Rafael Paez, Alberto Rodriguez, Olivier Verdon, Ruben Duarte, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Guilermo Maripan, Ximo Navarro, Daniel Torres, Adrian Marin, Martin Aguirregabiria.
- Midfielders: Saul Garcia, Rafa Navarro, Jeando Fuchs, Nando Garcia, Javier Munoz, Pere Pons, Lucas Perez, Tomas Pina, Manu Garcia, Mubarak Wakaso, Patrick Twuamasi.
- Forwards: Ramon Mierez, Luis Rioja, Joselu, John Guidetti, Burgui, Ermedin Demirovic.
Getafe Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barca
- 2-0 Win vs Girona
- 1-2 Defeat vs Sociedad
- 0-0 Draw vs Real Madrid
Alaves Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
- 1-3 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 1-1 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barcelona
Predicted Result: Getafe 2 – 1 Alaves
Match Preview: I have already mentioned it in the previous articles that Getafe had an outstanding last season. Certainly they will try to match those performances this season once again. Apart from this, They have a good squad and they will get the support of home crowd. This facts make them the favorite in this clash.
On the contrary, Alaves too have a good squad. Their players are determined to do well to. They finished 11th in the last league season. So it is not going to be that much easy for Getafe. But Alaves will have to be at their very best, if they are to do something special in this clash.
Firstly, I’m guessing there will be under 3.5 goals in this clash. In addition to this, it seems highly likely that both the sides will put the ball in the opposition’s net. Moreover, my pick for this game is a 2-1 victory for the home side. I’m also expecting a competitive match during this 90 minutes at the Madrid based venue.