3 La Liga matches will take place at the very same time on the 24th August. In the match week 02 match, when Celta will welcome Valencia, at the very same time, Getafe will be out to play their first home match of the season against Athletic Bilbao. Meanwhile it will be the first away game of the campaign for the Los Leones. Coliseum Alfonso Perez will host the game which will start on 9 pm local time (7 pm BST). Getafe will return to home after visiting Wanda Metropolitano for playing against Atletico Madrid. Bilbao will come to this tour after hosting current league champions FC Barcelona. Getafe had an amazing last season where they ended the run standing in the 5th position in the league ladder and will try to repeat the same kind of performances once again. Bilbao finished 8th in the previous season and will be looking for a better campaign.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Getafe CF vs Athletic Bilbao
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Week: 02
- Date: 24th August
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GM/ 9 pm Local Tme
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Coliseum Alphonso Perez
- Location: Getafe, Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 17,393
Getafe Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Filip Manojlovic, Loenadro Chichizola, David Soria, Ruben Yanez.
- Defenders: Marc Cucurella, Allan Nyom, Raul Garcia, Dakoran Djene, Vitorio Antunes, Leonardo Cabrera, Bruno, Mathias Olivera, Miquel, Damian Suarez.
- Midfielders: Lazo, Fransisco Portillo, Markel Bergara, Mauro Arambarri, Jorge Molina, Nemanja Maksimovic.
- Forwards: Merveille Ndockyt, Amath Diedhiou, Enric Gallego, Jack Harper, Jaime Mata, Angel, Ivan Alejo.
Athletic Bilbao Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Jokin Ezkieta, Iago Herrerin, Unai Simon.
- Defenders: Andony Lopez, Unai Nunez, Inigo Martinez, Yeray, Mikel San Jose, Yuri Berchiche, Inigo Lekue, Oscar de Marcos, Mikel Balenziaga.
- Midfielders: Cristian Ganea, Gaizka Larrazabal, Mikel Vesga, Inigo Cordoba, Benat, Dani Garcia, Ander Capa, Raul Garcia, Unai Lopez.
- Forwards: Aritz Aduriz, Ibai Gomez, Iker Muinain, Inaki Williams, Kenan Kodro, Gorka Guruzeta, Asier Villalibre, Peru Nolaskoain.
Getafe Last 5 Matches :
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barca
- 2-0 Win vs Girona
- 1-2 Defeat vs Sociedad
- 0-0 Draw vs Real Madrid
Athletic Bilbao Last 5 Matches:
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 3-1 Win vs Celta de Vigo
- 0-1 Defeat vs Valladolid
- 1-1 Draw vs Alaves
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
Predicted Result: Getafe 2 – 1 Athletic Bilbao
Match Preview: Both teams have strong squad and would go for a win. Athletic Bilabao looks little bit stronger on pen and paper. But Getafe played superb football throughout last season. So it is going to be a tough competitive battle. The teams look well matched but Getafe will have the home crowd behind them which could be a decisive factor in this clash.
It will be interesting to watch Getafe’s strong defense playing against Bilbao’s high class attack. There is a good chance of both the teams to score in this encounter. Los Leones’ veteran striker Aritz Aduriz is still playing and scoring. So the eyes will be on the experienced Spaniard.
I’m guessing a good all round fight in this clash. A good game for the spectators will be on offer. I’m backing Getafe to win this game with a second half decisive goal.