Defending champions FC Barcelona will have a trip to the Madrid to play their 7th game of the La Liga season. But this time, they won’t take on any of the Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid. On this occasion, they will visit the Coliseum Alfonso Perez to come face to face with another Madrid based club Getafe. However, it will be their 4th away game of the campaign. They will come to play this fixture following their MW-06 home clash against Villarreal. The Blaugranas didn’t make a great start away from the home as they tasted defeat in their season opener against Bilbao at the Mames.
On the contrary, it will be the 4th home game of the season for Getafe. They will take on the champions just 3 days later of their visit to the Mestalla Stadium. Getafe too made a shaky start as they could only gather 1 point from their opening two fixtures. Nevertheless, the mentioned Saturday afternoon clash has been scheduled to start on 4 pm local time (2 pm GMT).
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Getafe CF vs FC Barcelona
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 07
- Date: 28th September, 2019
- Time: 3 pm BST/ 2 pm GMT/ 4 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Coliseum Alphonso Perez
- Location: Getafe, Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 17,393
Getafe Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Loenadro Chichizola, David Soria.
- Defenders: Marc Cucurella, Allan Nyom, Raul Garcia, Vitorio Antunes, Leonardo Cabrera, Bruno, Mathias Olivera, Miquel, Damian Suarez.
- Midfielders: Fransisco Portillo, Markel Bergara, Mauro Arambarri, Jorge Molina, Nemanja Maksimovic, Ivi, Faycal Fajr.
- Forwards: M Ndockyt, Enric Gallego, Jack Harper, Jaime Mata, Angel, Ivan Alejo.
- Goalkeepers: Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Luis Neto, Inaki Pena.
- Defenders: Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti, Nelson Semedo.
- Midfielders: Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arthur Melo, Rafnha, Carles Alena, Jean-Clair Todibo, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie De Jong, Sergi Roberto.
- Forwards: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele, H Abe.
Getafe Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barca
- 2-0 Win vs Girona
Barcelona Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 5-2 Win vs Real Betis
- 0-1 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-2 Draw vs Eibar
- 2-0 Win vs Getafe
Predicted Result : Getafe 0 – 2 Barcelona
Match Preview : I have mentioned it earlier, I have to mention it once again, whenever you play Barca, you’re definitely an underdog. Getafe will certainly play as the minnow in this clash. But one thing which will boost their morale, is nothing but the crowd support. However, they will certainly go with a defensive tactics. In addition to this, even a draw against Barca will give them immense pleasure.
On the contrary, Barca aiming yet another La Liga title. So there is only one choice for them. They will definitely play for all 3 points and will go with an attacking tactics for sure. Their new French recruitment is in great form and will be the key for them.
Coming to the prediction, I’m definitely seeing a one sided clash. I also back, Barca’s German goal stopper to keep a clean sheet in this clash. Finally, my prediction for this fixture is a 2-0 away victory for the title holders.