An absolutely outstanding season handed Getafe the direct entrance to the UEFA Europa League. The team from the Spanish capital has returned to the 2nd tier European competition after a long break of 8 seasons. So the European football nights return to the Coliseum Alfonso Perez Stadium after a long time when they face Trabzonspor. However, their 2nd home UEL match will take place in late October when they will welcome FC Basel. But just a few days prior to taking on the Swiss counterparts they will have to battle against Leganes in a game-day 09 fixture against Leganes. Nevertheless, after drawing back to back matches at the abode to start the home campaign, they will take part in their 5th home clash against Los Pepineros.
Conversely, it will be the 4th road game of the season for Deportivo Leganes. The Cucumber Growers started their season with hat-tricks of defeat. Neither their home campaign nor the away started according to the plan. So they will be keen to turn the things around, in their favor.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Getafe CF vs CD Leganes
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 09
- Date: 18th/19th/20th October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Coliseum Alphonso Perez
- Location: Getafe, Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 17,393
Getafe Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Loenadro Chichizola, David Soria.
- Defenders: Marc Cucurella, Allan Nyom, Raul Garcia, Vitorio Antunes, Leonardo Cabrera, Bruno, Mathias Olivera, Miquel, Damian Suarez.
- Midfielders: Fransisco Portillo, Markel Bergara, Mauro Arambarri, Jorge Molina, Nemanja Maksimovic, Ivi, Faycal Fajr.
- Forwards: M Ndockyt, Enric Gallego, Jack Harper, Jaime Mata, Angel, Ivan Alejo.
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
Getafe Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Alaves
- 1-1 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barca
Leganes Last 5 matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-1 Defeat vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
Predicted Result: Getafe 2 – 0 Leganes
Match Preview: Both the sides didn’t get the start they expected. But Leganes has got a worse start for sure. Both the sides are in badly need of points. So they will be looking for something good in this fixture.
In the last 5 meetings between the two sides, both the team managed to get 1 victory. The other 3 games ended in a dull draw. However, Getafe failed to beat Leganes since 2017. In fact, Leganes came out victorious in the very last meeting between them. They won an away game by a 2-0 margin at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez Stadium on that occasion. In addition to this, those five fixtures saw only 7 goals being scored! Thus, that indicates. maybe a lack of goals’ clash awaiting for the viewers.
Coming to the prophecy, I will keep Getafe ahead. I also back them to keep a clean sheet. Finally, my prediction is a 2-0 victory for them.