Not often you see, Real Madrid ending a season without a single trophy. They are a champion side and win trophies on regular occasions. However, 2019 was a completely different one. The 13 times UEFA Champions League winner, Real Madrid failed to bag any trophy during this one year period. Eventually, the year came to an end with their home match against Athletic Bilbao at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium. Nevertheless, the Blancos are now all set to play their inaugural game of 2020. In a match week 19 fixture, they will take on Getafe CF. It will also be their first match after the Christmas vacation of one and a half weeks. The fixture will take place at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez.
On the contrary, Getafe has had an outstanding 2019, which saw them secure a place at the UEFA Europa League. So it really was a memorable year for the side from the Spanish capital. Thus they will like to repeat that kind of performance once again. Nevertheless, both sides will be playing their first game of the new year so each of them will like to start with a win.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Getafe CF vs Real Madrid
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 19
- Date: 3rd/4th/5th January 2020 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Coliseum Alphonso Perez
- Location: Getafe, Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 17,393
Getafe Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Loenadro Chichizola, David Soria.
- Defenders: Marc Cucurella, Allan Nyom, Raul Garcia, Vitorio Antunes, Leonardo Cabrera, Bruno, Mathias Olivera, Miquel, Damian Suarez.
- Midfielders: Fransisco Portillo, Markel Bergara, Mauro Arambarri, Jorge Molina, Nemanja Maksimovic, Ivi, Faycal Fajr.
- Forwards: M Ndockyt, Enric Gallego, Jack Harper, Jaime Mata, Angel, Ivan Alejo.
Real Madrid Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Thibaut Courtois, Andriy Lunin.
- Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Nacho Fernandez, Marcelo, Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane.
- Midfielders: Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Lucas Vazquez, Luka Modric, Eden Hazard, Isco.
- Forwards: Luka Jovic, Karim Benzema, Marco Asensio, Gareth Bale.
Getafe Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barca
- 3-3 Draw vs Valencia
- 4-2 Win vs Real Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Betis
- 1-1 Draw vs Alaves
Real Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Atletico
- 2-0 Win vs Osasuna
- 1-0 Win vs Sevilla
- 3-2 Win vs Levante
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
Predicted Result: Getafe 1 – 3 Real Madrid
Match Preview: Although the familiar home condition will boost the morale of Getafe CF players, they will still feature as the underdog. Recent dim performances may also make them a bit worried. Moreover, playing against a side like Real Madrid will certainly put pressure on them. Thus I expect them to play defensive football. Even a draw from this fixture will satisfy them.
Conversely, the Whites will play as the favorites. They have been in pretty good form lately. They will be seeking another victory from this fixture. Thus I expect Zidane to go with attacking tactics.
It is definitely going to be a tough game for Getafe CF. But I expect both sides to score in this encounter. Nevertheless, my pick for this game is comprehensive as well as dominating away victory for the former champions.