Getafe had an outstanding last season but they couldn’t make a great start to the ongoing campaign. They tasted a defeat in their season opener against Atletico Madrid. After coming back from the Metropolitano with empty hands, they played back to back clashes at home. Now they are all set to play their 3rd home match of the campaign. In fact, they’re coming back to the Coliseum Alfonso Perez after having a trip to Estadio Benito Villamarin. However, it will be their overall 5th match of the new league season.
Conversely, Real Mallorca will take part in their 2nd away match of the campaign. They will have a trip to the Spanish capital following their home clash against Athletic Bilbao. In addition to this, they made a brilliant start to the season as they went past Eibar with a 2-1 victory at their abode. Moreover, just 3 days later to the mentioned encounter they will welcome Atletico Madrid at Estadi de Son Moix.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Getafe CF vs Real Mallorca
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 05
- Date:22nd September, 2019
- Time: 11 am BST/ 10 am GMT/ 12 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Coliseum Alphonso Perez
- Location: Getafe, Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 17,393
Getafe Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Filip Manojlovic, Loenadro Chichizola, David Soria, Ruben Yanez.
- Defenders: Marc Cucurella, Allan Nyom, Raul Garcia, Dakoran Djene, Vitorio Antunes, Leonardo Cabrera, Bruno, Mathias Olivera, Miquel, Damian Suarez.
- Midfielders: Lazo, Fransisco Portillo, Markel Bergara, Mauro Arambarri, Jorge Molina, Nemanja Maksimovic.
- Forwards: Merveille Ndockyt, Amath Diedhiou, Enric Gallego, Jack Harper, Jaime Mata, Angel, Ivan Alejo.
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Abdon, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag, Pervis Estupinan.
Getafe Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barca
- 2-0 Win vs Girona
- 1-2 Defeat vs Sociedad
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date):
- 2-1 Win vs Eibar
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
- 0-2 Defeat vs La Coruna
- 0-1 Defeat vs Albacete
- 2-0 Win vs Albaacete
Predicted Result : Getafe 2 – 0 Real Mallorca
Match Preview : Firstly, at the familiar home condition Getafe should be looking for nothing but a win. Therefore, I expect Jose Bordalas to go with an attackin tactics. Moreover, he may apply a 4-4-2 formation for this encounter. Getafe has a balanced squad too. Specially their midfield worths mentioning. Cucurella, Denis Suarez as well as Faycal Fajr will be the key for them.
On the contrary, the Vermilions should go with a slightly defensive tactics considering it as an away fixture. Vicente Moreno might choose his favourite 4-1-4-1 formation. The upper part of the mid will consist of Sevilla, Febas, Rodriguez as well as Lago. Budimir should get his place back as the lone striker. But as I suspect, a draw will be enough to please the touring side.
Coming to the prediction, I expect Getafe to dominate in this fixture. Moreover, I back David Soria to keep a clean sheet. Finally, my prediction is a 2-0 victory for the home side.