You can rarely see a newly promoted side shining like the scorching sun against the comparatively stronger clubs. But Granada CF is living the dream. After an outstanding previous season they got their place back into the Spanish top flight. However, their honeymoon didn’t come to an end with just getting the promotion. Because they have completely surprised the spectators as well as the analysts with their performance in the earlier part of the season. They started the campaign with an away draw against Villarreal CF and also managed to get consecutive away victories against the sides like RCD Espanyol and Celta Vigo. However, their home campaign began with a defeat. But that too was against a side like Sevilla FC who are completely flying in the league this season. Now, they are all set to play their 8th home game of the campaign against Deportivo Alaves.
In fact, the two sides will take on each other in a match week 16 fixture. In addition to this, Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes will host the game. On the contrary, Alaves will be playing their 8th road game of the season. Nevertheless, they will have this trip to the Carmenes following their home game against Real Madrid CF.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Granada CF vs Deportivo Alaves
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 16
- Date: 6th/7th/8th December 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Nuevo Estadio de Los Carmenes
- Location: Granada, Spain
- Capacity: 19,336
- Surface: Grass
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, D Duarte, Alex Martinez, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Y Herrera, Antonio Puertas.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano, Soldado.
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Pacheco, Antonio Sivera.
- Defenders: Rafael Paez, Alberto Rodriguez, Olivier Verdon, Ruben Duarte, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Guilermo Maripan, Ximo Navarro, Daniel Torres, Adrian Marin, Martin Aguirregabiria.
- Midfielders: Saul Garcia, Rafa Navarro, Jeando Fuchs, Nando Garcia, Javier Munoz, Pere Pons, Lucas Perez, Tomas Pina, Manu Garcia, Mubarak Wakaso, Patrick Twuamasi.
- Forwards: Ramon Mierez, Luis Rioja, Joselu, John Guidetti, Burgui, Ermedin Demirovic.
Granada Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Celta Vigo
- 3-0 Win vs Espanyol
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 4-4 Draw vs Villarreal
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
Alaves Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 1-1 Draw vs Getafe
- 0-0 Draw vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Levante
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
Predicted Result: Granada 2 – 1 Alaves
Match Preview: Firstly, Granada will get the advantage of playing at the home. In addition to this, they look stronger on pen and paper. Thus they will eye all the match points. So I expect them to show the attacking display of football.
Conversely, Alaves will be playing away from the home. Moreover, their recent form may make them feel a bit worried. Thus they may try to play defensively. Nevertheless, they will definitely look for a victory. So they will take their chances if given any.
My pick for this game is a 2-1 home victory for the Nazaries.