Just a few days prior to their UEFA Champions League high voltage clash against Juventus, Atletico Madrid will take on Granada CF. In a game day, 14 fixture of the Spanish La Liga the Nazaries will host the league runners up at the Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes. However, the Red and Whites will be thinking more about their upcoming fixture. In fact, it may turn into a great occasion of taking revenge for them. Because the Black and Whites knocked them out of the last season’s UCL. Despite having a 2 goals’ lead in the first leg, the Spanish giants bottled it on the 2nd leg. A sublime Cristiano Ronaldo hat-trick sent the Italian champions to the next round and kicked the Wanda Metropolitano based side out of the tournament. With such a mission ahead, they will be traveling to take on Granada in their 14th match of the campaign.
On the contrary, Granada CF will be playing their 7th home match of this ongoing league campaign. However, they will come into this fixture, following their trip to the Mestalla Stadium.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Granada CF vs Atletico Madrid
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 14
- Date: 22nd/23rd/24th November 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Nuevo Estadio de Los Carmenes
- Location: Granada, Spain
- Capacity: 19,336
- Surface: Grass
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, D Duarte, Alex Martinez, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Y Herrera, Antonio Puertas.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano, Soldado.
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Kieran Trippier, Saim Vrsaljko, R Lodi.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Koke, Saul Niguez, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo, Hector Herrera.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Angel Correa, Joao Felix.
Granada Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Celta Vigo
- 3-0 Win vs Espanyol
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 4-4 Draw vs Villarreal
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 3-2 Win vs Eibar
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
- 1-0 Win vs Getafe
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
Predicted Result: Granada 0 – 2 Atletico
Match Preview: With an important UCL fixture ahead, Diego Simeone may give some of his superstars rest on this fixture. However, the league runners up will play for all the 3 points for sure. Thus they will definitely play with a balanced tactics with a comparatively attacking approach. But Granada too is in great from. Thus it is not going to be easy for the European giants. Conversely, the Nazaries will play at the home. But they may opt to play defensively against a side like Atletico. Neverthless, they will certainly take their chances if given any.
Whatever, I’m expecting Atletico de Madrid to play as the favorites. I back them to dominate the game along with keeping a clean sheet. Above all, my pick for this game is a satisfying 2-0 victory for the visiting side.