Granada made their comeback to the Spanish top flight in such a stunning way. After a couple of years in the Segunda Division, they stormed back to the La Liga with a 8 goals’ tie. It must have surprised you as their season opener against Villarreal saw a 4-4 draw at the Ceramica between the two sides. After 3 away matches and just one home match against Sevilla, the Red and Whites are now set to their play 2nd home game of the season. They will play defending champions FC Barcelona in a match week 05 clash. In fact they will come back to the abode following their trip to Abaida Balancos.
Conversely, the Catalans will take part in their 3rd away fixture of the campaign. They will pack off their tripping bag following their home clash against Valencia CF at the Camp Nou. However, a injury concerning start hasn’t let them having a great start as they always do. Moreover, for the very first time in such a long time, they have started their campaign with a defeat. So they will try to not to repeat something like that.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Granada CF vs FC Barcelona
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 05
- Date: 21st September, 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Nuevo Estadio de Los Carmenes
- Location: Granada, Spain
- Capacity: 19,336
- Surface: Grass
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell, Alberto Lejarraga Rubio.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, Adrian Castellano, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Alex Martinez, Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Alberto, Jose Gonzalez.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano.
- Goalkeepers: Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Luis Neto, Inaki Pena.
- Defenders: Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti, Ronald Araujo, Nelson Semedo, Guilleme Jaime.
- Midfielders: Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arthur Melo, Rafnha, Philippe Coutinho, Carles Alena, Jean-Clair Todibo, Monchu, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie De Jong, Sergi Roberto.
- Forwards: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele, Hiroki Abe.
Granada Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 4-4 Draw vs Villarreal
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
- 1-1 Draw vs Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Cadiz
- 1-0 Win vs Albacete
Barcelona Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-2 Draw vs Eibar
- 2-0 Win vs Getafe
- 0-4 Defeat vs Liverpool
Predicted Result : Granada 0 – 3 Barcelona
Match Preview : When you play Barcelona, you must have to defend yourself at first. Clearly any coach of a mid table side won’t risk to go with an attacking tactics. So I also expect Diego Martinez to go with a defensive one. Moreover, even if he places 5 defenders at the back, that won’t surprise me at all. Even a draw will make the Granas very much pleased for sure.
On the contrary. Barcelona will be looking for nothing but all 3 points. I have already mentioned it earlier, injury concerning start hasn’t brought the best out of them so far. But they will be very much keen to go back to home with a victory on this occasion. In addition to this, Valverde should get his stars fit for this game. So he is likely to go with an attacking tactics.
Coming to the prediction, I expect Barca to show a dominating display here at the Carmenes. Moreover, my money will be in favour of Ter Stegen to keep a clean sheet. Finally, a dominating 3-0 victory for the visitors with a Leo Messi goal, is what I am picking.