Good time doesn’t stay long, it stays just a while. But that doesn’t actually match with Osasuna’s current luck. After having a superb season in the Segunda Division, where they ended up winning the title, they successfully got the promotion to La Liga. In addition to this, after their returning to the Spanish top flight, they celebrated the come back with a victory in the season opener. The season opener was followed by a couple of draws. More importantly, one of those draws was against the defending champions FC Barcelona! So it might have got them flying in the sky. Now after taking on Villarreal at the El Sadar Stadium, Los Rojillos are all set to take on Granada in their 5th away fixture.
However, the match week 09 fixture will take place at the Nuevo Los Carmenes Stadium. It will also be the 4th home match of the campaign for the Nasrids. Although they didn’t start well in their opening home game against Sevilla, early in the season, they might be confident to do well on this occasion.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Granada CF vs CA Osasuna
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 09
- Date: 18th/19th/20th October, 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Nuevo Estadio de Los Carmenes
- Location: Granada, Spain
- Capacity: 19,336
- Surface: Grass
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, D Duarte, Alex Martinez, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Y Herrera, Antonio Puertas.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano, Soldado.
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Herrera, Ruben, Juan Perez.
- Defenders: Oier, Carlos Clerc, Unai Garcia, Lillo, Juan Villar Vazquez, Aridane Hernandez, Endika Irigoyen.
- Midfielders: Nacho Vidal, David Garcia, Fran Merida, Roberto Torres, Ruben Garcia, Robert Ibanez, Inigo Perez, Miguel Olavide, Luis Perea, Jon Moncayola, Aimar Oroz.
- Forwards: Xisco, Enrique Barja, Brandon Thomas, Ivan Christopher Martinez, Javier Martinez.
Granada Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 4-4 Draw vs Villarreal
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
- 1-1 Draw vs Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Cadiz
Osasuna Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-2 Draw vs FC Barcelona
- 0-0 Draw vs Eibar
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Oviedo
- 3-2 Win vs Cordoba
Predicted Result : Granada 0 – 1 Osasuna
Match Preview : You could have labelled it as the battle between the minnows. But Osasuna’s form early in the season, may force you to change your thoughts. According to my thoughts, I think the visitors will start as the favourite here.
In the last 5 meetings between the two sides, Los Rojillos leading the race by 2-1 margin. However, the other two ended in dull draw as well. In addition to this, Osasuna also won the very last game against Granada. But that game took place in the El Sadar Stadium. The only thing which should cheer the hosts that, the last time they faced Osasuna in the Carmenes, the El Granas came out victorious. So the home condition will boost their morale.
My prediction for this clash is lack of goal as well as an away victory for the Segunda division champions.