It’s safe to say that Granada fans are enjoying their time in the Spanish top flight. After a good last season, they got their reward by getting promotion to the La Liga. However, after their entrance at the Primera Division, they surprised many sides with their great starting performances. They started the season with an away draw against mighty Villarreal. Then they had to taste defeat against Sevilla. But you can’t blame the Nasrids because the Seville based club is in top of its form. However, Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes based side barely took a long time to make a good comeback. They went onto the RCD Stadium and destroyed Espanyol by 3-0 margin away from the home. Nevertheless, now they are all set to play their 10th game of the campaign against strong side Real Betis.
On the other hand, the Green and Whites made a shaky start to the season by facing back to back defeats. But then they made a strong comeback since their victory against Deportivo Leganes in-game day 03.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Granada CF vs Real Betis
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 10
- Date: 25th/26th/27th October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Nuevo Estadio de Los Carmenes
- Location: Granada, Spain
- Capacity: 19,336
- Surface: Grass
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, D Duarte, Alex Martinez, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Y Herrera, Antonio Puertas.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano, Soldado.
Real Betis Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Daniel Martin Fernandez, Joel Robles.
- Defenders: Zouhair Feddal, Junior Fipro, Antonio Barragan, Sidnei, Marc Bartra.
- Midfielders: Ryad Boudebouz, Victor Camarasa, Darko Brasanac, Giovani Lo Celso, Alfonso Pedraza, Joaquin, Javi Garcia, Aissa Mandi, Sergio Canales, Andres Guardado, Willaim Carvalho.
- Forwards: Juanjo Narvaez, Emerson, Juanmi, Lorenzo Moron, Diego lainez, Emerson, Cristian Tello.
Granada Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 3-0 Win vs Espanyol
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 4-4 Draw vs Villarreal
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
- 1-1 Draw vs Mallorca
Real Betis last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-1 Win vs Leganes
- 2-5 Defeat vs Barcelona
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valladolid
- 2-0 Win vs Real Madrid
- 2-1 Win vs Huesca
Predicted Result: Granada 0 – 2 Real Betis
Match Preview: First of all, Real Betis look stronger in pen and paper. Thus, they will definitely come to play this fixture as the favorites. But familiar home condition will boost the morale of the Granada players. The Carmenes crowd may play a vital role in this fixture. So the Verdiblancos will have to work hard to secure the match points.
The two sides haven’t faced each other since 2017. Among the last 5 meetings between the two sides, Real Betis won twice. Meanwhile, Granada tasted victory on one occasion and the other two ended in a draw. However, in the very last meeting, Granada came out victorious in the very same venue in which the mentioned fixture has been scheduled to be played.
My prediction for this game is an away victory for the Green and Whites. I also back them to keep a clean sheet in this fixture.