Another La Liga encounter to entertain you, will take place on the 24th August. It will be a Saturday evening clash. The match will be played between Granada CF and Sevilla FC. It will start on 8:30 pm Local Time. The former champions Sevilla are yet to play a home game in this fresh new season as they will play their back to back league matches away from the home. The Seville based club will head towards Granada following their season opening away match against Espanyol. Meanwhile, it will be the first home game of the campaign for the Nazaries. They will be back to their home soil after taking on Villarreal in their opening match. In fact, the La Liga will be back to Nuevo Estadio de Los Carmenes after 2 years’ gap. So it will be an exciting occasion for the Granada fans for sure.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Granada CF vs Sevilla FC
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Week: 02
- Date: 24th August, 2019
- Time: 7:30 pm BST/ 6:30 pm GMT/ 8:30 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Nuevo Estadio de Los Carmenes
- Location: Granada, Spain
- Capacity: 19,336
- Surface: Grass
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell, Alberto Lejarraga Rubio.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, Adrian Castellano, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Alex Martinez, Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Alberto, Jose Gonzalez.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano.
Sevilla Squad :
- Goal Keepers : Tomas Vaclik, Sergio Rico.
- Defenders : Diego Carlos, Nemanja Gudelj, Sebastien Corchia, Simon Kjaer, Sergio Reguilon, Daniel Carrico, Maximilian Wober, Guilherme Arana, Sergio Escudero, Joris Gnagnon.
- Midfielders : Oliver Torres, Sergi Gomez, Roque Mesa, Ever Banega, Joan Jordan, Franco Vazquez, Jesus Navas, Fernando.
- Forwards : Wissam Ben Yedder, Luuk De Jong, Nolito, Munir El Haddadi, Lucas Ocampos, Moanes Dabour, Jules Kounde, Carlos Fernandez.
Granada Last 5 Matches:
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
- 1-1 Draw vs Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Cadiz
- 1-0 Win vs Albacete
- 2-1 Win vs Tenerife
Sevilla Last 5 Matches:
- 2-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-1 Draw vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-3 Defeat vs Leganes
- 0-1 Defeat vs Girona
- 5-0 Win vs Rayo Vallecano
Predicted Result: Granada 1 – 2 Sevilla
Match Preview: As it has been mentioned earlier, with this match, La Liga will be back to the Estadio de Los Carmenes, as the Nazaries played in the Segunda Division in the last two season. So expect a huge number of fans to cheer for the hosts. The promoted club will be looking for something special to make the occasion memorable. But it won’t be that much easy against a quality side like Sevilla.
Los Nervionenses had a below average last season where they finished 6th in the league ladder. They will surely try to do better on this occasion. A victory will boost their morale before heading back to the home to play Celta Vigo in the next game. It is safe to say, Sevilla will be looking for a win in this match. French attacker Wissam Ben Yedder will be the key man for the visitors to make the difference once again.
My prediction is 2-1 victory for the visiting side after a tough battle of 90 minutes.