One of the largest league football competition English Premier League 2016/17 has already started in last month where Arsenal has started the new season by standing 2nd in position, according to the last season results. They are heading to play their fourth match in this tournament as like as Southampton. The upcoming competition between them will take place in next 10th September, 2016.
# Upcoming Game Information:
- Game Between – Arsenal Vs Southampton [Highlights video will be added after the match]
- When – 10th September, 2016
- Time – 15:00 (BST)
- Day – Saturday
- Competition – English Premier League
- Season – 25th
- Session – 2016/17
- Ground – Emirates Stadium
- Address – Holloway, London, England
- Seats Capacity – 60,432
- Suites – 152
- Field Surface – Desso GrassMaster
- Opened – 22nd Jul, 2006
- Home Arena – Arsenal FC
# Head To Head Comparison: The Gunners have faced against the Saints 79 times before where the Gunners won 38 times which is just the twice times than the Saints won. They have drawn 22 times. The inaugural match between Arsenal and Southampton was placed in 26th December, 1966 and the last match was held in 3rd february, 2016 where the game was drawn. But if we consider their last six meeting, the saints won thrice, the Gunners won once. Two matches were drawn.
- Total Competitions Staged – 79
- The Gunners Won – 38
- The Saints Won – 19
- Games Drawn – 22
# Possible Line Up of Arsenal: Petr Cech (GK), Laurent Koscielny (DF), Rob Holding (DF), Nacho Monreal (DF), Hector Bellerin (DF), Mesut Ozil (MF), Chamberlain (MF), Santi Cazorla (MF), Granit Xhaka (MF), Alexis Sanchez (FW), Theo Walcott (FW).
# Possible Line Up of Southampton: Fraser Forster (GK), Cedric (DF), Jose Fonte (DF & Skipper), Virgil van Dijk (DF), Matt Targett (DF), Steven Davis (MF & VC), Dusan Tadic (MF), Oriol Romeu (MF), Nathan Redmond (MF), Pierre Emile Hojbjerg (MF), Charlie Austin (FW).
# Last Five Matches Result of the Gunners: If we consider the last five games of the Gunners, they won thrice times where lost once against Liverpool and drawn one against Leicester City.
- 27th Aug, 2016 – Vs (3 – 1) Watford => Won
- 20th Aug, 2016 – Vs (0 – 0) Leicester City => Drawn
- 14th Aug, 2016 – Vs (3 – 4) Liverpool => Lost
- 7th Aug, 2016 – Vs (3 – 2) Manchester City => Won
- 6th Aug, 2016 – Vs (8 – 0) Viking => Won
# Last Five Matches Results of the Saints: On the other side, the Saints won only one match against Athletic Club where drawn thrice and lost one against Manchester United by 2 – 0 goals.
- 27th Aug, 2016 – Vs (1 – 1) Sunderland => Drawn
- 20th Aug, 2016 – Vs (0 – 2) Manchester United => Lost
- 13th Aug, 2016 – Vs (1 – 1) Watford => Drawn
- 7th Aug, 2016 – Vs (1 – 0) Athletic Club => Won
- 4th Aug, 2016 – Vs (1 – 1) Espanyol => Drawn
By analyzing above all statistics of both clubs, it seems that Arsenal would be the favourite in their upcoming competition and also they will receive an extra advantage that the match will be hosted in their own ground. Besides, they have some potential players in their current squad and so, they would probably win their next match.