English Premier League title holder Manchester City is currently on the Asia tour. They have recently participated in the Premier League Asia Trophy and were beaten by the Wolverhampton Wanderers in the final in the tiebreaker. Now they will take on Hong Kong’s club Kitchee SC in a friendly match on the 24th of July. The match will be hosted by the Hong Kong Stadium. The Sky Blues are in top form since the start of the last season and it seems like, they have carried that to the preseason of this fresh new campaign.
- Participating Teams: Kitchee SC vs Man City
- Date: 24th July 2019
- Time: 1 pm
- Day: Wednesday
- Venue Details: Hong Kong Stadium
- Location: So Kon Po, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Capacity: 40,000
- Surface: Grass
Kitchee SC Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Zhenpeng Wang, Jianqiao Guo, Tsz-Chung Wong, Tsz-Ho Wong.
- Defenders: Helio, Ngai-Hoi Li, Brian Fok, Zhahoui Yang, Chun Hei Yuen, Hin Shing Chau, Dani Cancela, Jonathan Hernandez, Kin Man Tong, Tsz Chun Law, Clement Benhaddoucche.
- Midfielders : Pak-Hin Tsang, Yang Huang, Krisztian Vadocz, Cleiton, Matt Lam, Ching-Lung Cheng, Jared Lum, Yingzhi Ju, Barak Braunshtain.
- Attackers: Fernando, Wellingsson, Shinichi Chan, Sang-Min Seo, Manuel Bleda, Lucas, Yang Boley Yu, Robert Stamp, Yuto Nakamura.
Man City Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Ederson, Claudio Bravo, Arijanet Muric.
- Defenders: Aymeric Laporte, John Stones, Kyle Walker, Benjamin Mendy, Nicolas Otamendi, Oleksandr-Zinchenko, Danilo, Angelino, Fabian Delph, Eliaquim Mangala, Pablo Mari, Erik Palmer-Brown, Philippe Sandler.
- Midfielders : Kevin De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Rodrigo, Ilkay Gundogan, Phil Foden, Fernandinho, Alex garcia, Douglas Luiz, Luka Ilic, Marlos Moreno.
- Forwards : Sergio Aguero, Leroy Sane, Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus, Riyad Mahrez.
- Manager : Pep Guardiola.
Kitchee SC Last 5 Matches:
- 1-0 Win vs April 25
- 3-3 Draw vs Wofoo
- 2-0 Win vs Southern
- 0-2 Defeat vs Eastern
- 2-1 Win vs Hang Yuen
Man City Last 5 Matches:
- 0-0 Draw vs Wolverhampton
- 4-1 Win vs West Ham
- 6-0 Win vs Watford
- 4-1 Win vs Brighton
- 1-0 Win vs Leicester City
Predicted Result: Kitchee SC 0 – 5 Man City
Match Preview: According to their recent forms, Citizens can be labelled as the Destroyers. They have caused destruction to many English giants in their way to lift the EPL trophy last season. Despite giving tough competition, the All Reds fell short of winning their first-ever EPL title as the Sky Blues proved to be too much stronger. They also had a good UCL season but unfortunately, the Manchester-based club was eliminated by their league rival Tottenham Hotspur.
Man City has a tremendously strong and balanced squad. Pep Guardiola will most probably select a very young xi and will use his reserved options in this encounter but it’s highly unlikely that the Hong Kong-based side can match even City’s second or third choice xi. So I’m guessing a massive City victory in this clash. The visitors will keep a clean sheet is what I’m thinking. A more than 3 goals’ margin won’t surprise us at all. Doesn’t matter whatever the output of this game, it will be a memorable day for the football lovers of Hong Kong as they will get the chance to see the glimpse of the likes of Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling, Aymeric Laporte, John Stones.