Another day full of football matches, the 25th September comes along with no less than 4 La Liga fixtures. The blockbuster Wednesday night starts with the clash between CD Leganes and Athletic Bilbao. The game will begin at 7 pm local time (5 pm GMT). However, it will be the 4th home match of the season. Although, they didn’t actually get the great of the stats at home as they had to taste defeat against newcomer Osasuna in their season opener. But they will try to make strong comebacks in the next home clashes. In addition to this, they will come into this fixture following their visit to the Mestalla Stadium.
Conversely, it will be 3rd away fixture of the campaign for the Bilbao based club. They will initially play Getafe and Real Mallorca, away from the abode in their first two road fixtures. But they will come into this fixture following their home clash against Deportivo Alaves. Nevertheless, their next game will be a home clash where they will welcome Valencia in a high voltage league match at the Mames.
- Participating Teams: CD Leganes vs Athletic Bilbao
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 06
- Date: 25th September 2019
- Time: 6 pm BST / 5 pm GMT / 7 pm Local Time
- Day: Wednesday
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Butarque
- Location: Leganes, Spain
- Capacity: 12,450
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
Athletic Bilbao Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Jokin Ezkieta, Iago Herrerin, Unai Simon.
- Defenders: Andony Lopez, Unai Nunez, Inigo Martinez, Yeray, Mikel San Jose, Yuri Berchiche, Inigo Lekue, Oscar de Marcos, Mikel Balenziaga.
- Midfielders: Cristian Ganea, Gaizka Larrazabal, Mikel Vesga, Inigo Cordoba, Benat, Dani Garcia, Ander Capa, Raul Garcia, Unai Lopez.
- Forwards: Aritz Aduriz, Ibai Gomez, Iker Muinain, Inaki Williams, Kenan Kodro, Gorka Guruzeta, Asier Villalibre, Peru Nolaskoain
Leganes Last 5 matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-0 Win vs Sevilla
- 0-0 Draw vs Celta de Vigo
Athletic Bilbao last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 3-1 Win vs Celta de Vigo
- 0-1 Defeat vs Valladolid
- 1-1 Draw vs Alaves
Predicted Result: Leganes 1 – 2 Athletic Bilbao
Match Preview: Firstly, considering it as a home fixture Leganes should be confident about getting the better of the opposition. But they still would know that it’s not going to be an easy task at all. However, they will certainly battle for all 3 points. But I think Mauricio Pellegrino won’t go with the attacking tactics. He may select a balanced one.
On the contrary, Bilbao will come as the favorites for sure. But they too know that a few little mistakes can prove to be vital at the Butarque. Whatever, Gaizka Garitano is expected to go with the attacking display of football.
Coming to the prediction, I smell a good battle in this clash. I also back both sides to score. Finally, my pick is a narrow victory for the visitors.