No matches on Friday and Monday nights means, more number of matches on Saturdays and Sundays. The Saturday of match week 02 brings a lot of football matches for the La Liga fans. The current league runners up Atletico Madrid will visit Estadion Municipal de Butarque on 24th August to play Leganes in their 2nd league game of the campaign. The match will start on 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT). It will the second straight home game of the season for The Pepineros after their season opener against Osasuna. On the contrary, it is going to be the very first away game of the season for Diego Simeone’s side. Playing this game last season’s second placed side will return to home to take on Eibar.
- Participating Teams: CD Leganes vs Atletico Madrid
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 02
- Date: 24th August
- Time: 8 pm BST / 7 pm GMT / 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Butarque
- Location: Leganes, Spain
- Capacity: 12,450
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak, Alejandro Dos Santos Ferreira.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Borja Gonzalez, Rafael Munoz, Francesco Montero, Carlos Munoz, Antonio Montoro, Ivan Vicente, Manuel Sanchez, Kieran Trippier, Saim Vrsaljko, Rodrigo Riquelme.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Teye Thomas, Koke, Saul Niguez, Roberto Olabe Del Arco, Caio Henrizque, Antonio Moya, Oscar Francesco Garcia Quantela, Joaquin Munoz, Joao Felix Sequeira, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Roberto Nunez Manas, Borja Garces, Momar N’Doye, Alberto Rodenas, Carlos Blanco, Zakaria Boulahia, Sergio Camello, Giovanni Navrro Sole, Abdelkader Ouseslati, Ivan Saponjic.
Leganes Last 5 matches:
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-0 Win vs Sevilla
- 0-0 Draw vs Celta de Vigo
- 0-1 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 0-3 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 3-2 Win vs Valencia
Predicted Result: Leganes 0 – 2 Atletico Madrid
Match Preview: Leganes finished 13th in the league last season. They have a good squad. They are a formidable side especially at their home. They will take a tough test of the visiting giants at the Municipal de Butarque.
Atletico playing brilliant football under Diego Simeone. They have been performing consistently in the recent years. So another brilliant start in the league is certainly expected. It’ll be interesting see, how they cope without their departed talisman Antoine Griezmann who was a massive success for them in the previous seasons. Eyes will be on youngstar, Joao Felix who made a 126 million Euro move to join the Rojiblancos from Portuguese Primeira Liga side Benfica. Diego Costa has been in pretty form lately and will play the key role.
I’m expecting Jan Oblak to keep a clean sheet in this encounter. My prediction is a 2-0 victory for the visiting side.