FC Barcelona is one of the biggest superpowers in Europe. They are not only aiming their 27th La Liga title but also chasing their 6th UCL trophy as well. Just a couple of days prior to their crucial UEFA Champions League encounter against Borussia Dortmund, the La Liga title holders will take on CD Leganes. However, the two sides will come face to face in a game-day 14 clash. Estadio Municipal de Butarque will host this game. In addition to this, it is going to be the 7th road fixture of the campaign for the Blaugranas. Nevertheless, the Blaugranas will have this trip to the Butarque following their home game against Celta de Vigo.
On the contrary, CD Leganes will be playing their 8th home game of the season. They are absolutely having nightmares since the beginning of this season. Neither their home match performances nor the away ones haven’t been impressive at all. However, they will come into this fixture following their trip to the Anoeta Stadium.
- Participating Teams: CD Leganes vs FC Barcelona
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 14
- Date: 22nd/23rd/24th November 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Butarque
- Location: Leganes, Spain
- Capacity: 12,450
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
- Goalkeepers: Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Luis Neto, Inaki Pena.
- Defenders: Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti, Nelson Semedo.
- Midfielders: Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arthur Melo, Rafnha, Carles Alena, Monchu, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie De Jong, Sergi Roberto.
- Forwards: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele.
Leganes Last 5 matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-3 Defeat vs Villarreal
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-1 Defeat vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
Barcelona Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 5-2 Win vs Valencia
- 2-2 Draw vs Osasuna
- 5-2 Win vs Real Betis
- 0-1 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valencia
Predicted Result: Leganes 0 – 3 Barcelona
Match Preview: CD Leganes standing in the relegation zone and if they continue such kind of performances we may see them in the Segunda Division next season. However, as they will face the current champions, I don’t see a good chance of them at all. The Cucumber Growers should play for a point. In fact, a point will give them immense happiness. Thus they are expected to play with defensive tactics.
Conversely, the defending champions will be seeking all 3 points from this fixture. They will certainly opt attacking tactics in this game. In addition to this, Valverde may go with an ultra attacking mode. They will face German Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund in the upcoming days. But I don’t think any of the superstars will be given rest.
I can smell a one-sided game at the Butarque. My pick for this game is a dominating as well as a comprehensive victory for the 26-time league winners.