This is CD Leganes’ 4th straight season in the Spanish top flight after getting the promotion back in the 2016-17 season. They haven’t been that much consistent in the league but they managed to survive to stay in the top tier football division in Spain. In fact, they had a comparatively good campaign in the very last La Liga season as the Cucumber Growers ended up being in the 13th spot in the league ladder. However, they failed to carry that form to the ongoing season. They made a shaky start and faced a hat-trick of defeats in the opening match weeks. Now Municipal de Butarque Stadium based side is all set to play their 7th home game of the campaign against SD Eibar.
On the other hand, SD Eibar is going to play their 7th road match of the campaign. They will have this trip to the Butarque following their home match against Villarreal CF at the Ipurua Stadium. Nevertheless, they will once again head back to the home after taking part in this mentioned fixture to welcome Real Madrid and Alaves respectively.
- Participating Teams: CD Leganes vs SD Eibar
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 12
- Date: 1st/2nd/3rd November 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Butarque
- Location: Leganes, Spain
- Capacity: 12,450
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
Leganes Last 5 matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-1 Defeat vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
Eibar Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-3 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-0 Draw vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Mallorca
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
- 0-1 Defeat vs Villarreal
Predicted Result: Leganes 1 – 2 Eibar
Match Preview: CD Leganes is probably going through their worst time since returning to the La Liga in 2016. In fact, they have been completely out of color from the very beginning of this season. Actually, nothing is going in their favor. Eibar too failed to make a good start. But they haven’t been that much ordinary as like as their opponents.
Out of the last 5 meetings, Eibar managed to win 3 games in opposed to Leganes’ one victory. In addition to this, Leganes failed to beat them since October 2017. So all these recent stats will keep the Gunsmiths ahead mentally. However, the latest meeting so far between the two contenders has been ended as a draw.
Nevertheless, I’m expecting a better performance from the visitors. I also back them to take back 3 points on their way to home.