In a match week 08 fixture, CD Leganes will face Levante UD. Municipal de Butarque Stadium will have the privilege of arranging the clash. You may label it as the clash between the minnows. In addition to this, it is going to be the 5th home clash home the season for the Cucumber Growers. However, they made the worst possible start to their campaign. Despite playing, both of their opening fixtures at the home ground, they tasted defeat on both occasions. Los Pepineros will come to play this game following their trip to the Carmenes. Nevertheless, their players will have to pack off their kit bags once again as they will head towards Alfonso Coliseum Perez to play Getafe in the very next fixture.
Conversely, Levante UD will play their 4th away fixture home the season. In fact, they will have this trip following their home clash against Osasuna. However, the Frogs will have to continue their road journey. Because, after taking on Leganes they will head towards the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan to face Sevilla FC.
- Participating Teams: CD Leganes vs Levante UD
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 08
- Date: 5th October 2019
- Time: 12 pm BST / 11 am GMT / 1 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Butarque
- Location: Leganes, Spain
- Capacity: 12,450
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
- Goalkeepers: Oitor Olazabal, Aitor Fernandez.
- Defenders: Carlos Clerc, Ivan Lopez, Tono, Chema, Coke, Sergio Postigo, Erick Cabaco, Antonio Luna.
- Midfielders: Jorge Miramon, Chieck Doukoure, Enis Bardhi, Jose Luis Morales, Ruben Vezo, Jose Campana.
- Forwards: Gonzalo Melero, Sergio Leon, Armando Sadiku, Hernani, Moses Simon, Sanjin Prcic, Roger Marti, Ruben Rochina, Nikola Vukcevic, Ivi.
Leganes Last 5 matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-1 Defeat vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-0 Win vs Sevilla
Levante Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-1 Win vs Villarreal
- 0-1 Defeat vs Deportivo Alaves
- 2-2 Draw vs Atletico
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
- 4-1 Win vs Vallecano
Predicted Result: Leganes 0 – 2 Levante
Match Preview: As I have mentioned it earlier, it is going to be the clash between the minnows. However, both the sides need the points. Considering it as a home match, Leganes will be aiming nothing but the 3 points. In addition to this, familiar conditions and crowd support should boost their morale as well.
On the contrary, Levante will also try to take all the points on their way towards the Seville. Moreover, they won’t get a better opposition than the Pepineros to secure all 3 points away from the home. So I expect the Frogs to go with comparatively attacking tactics.
Coming to the prediction, I think the two sides will play in the same manner. However, I am backing Levante to get an away victory in this clash. I am also feeling that they will keep a clean sheet as well.