Welcome back to the Spanish top flight, Club Atletico Osasuna. After being relegated in the 2016-17 Los Rojillos had to compete in the Spanish Segunda division for two consecutive years. In 2017-18 they failed to promote themselves back to the Primeira division but in the very next season, they came back stronger and finished as the champion of the second-tier football league of Spain. Now in their very first La Liga match after the comeback, they will visit Estadio Municipal de Butarque to play CD Leganes. Los Pepineros finished 13th last season and they will continue their journey in the Liga BBVA in this fresh new season. The game will be kicked off at the 9 pm local time and around 12 thousand fans will watch the clash live from the ground.
- Participating Teams: CD Leganes vs CA Osasuna
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 01
- Date: 17th August
- Time: 8 pm BST / 7 pm GMT / 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Butarque
- Location: Leganes, Spain
- Capacity: 12,450
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Herrera, Ruben, Juan Perez.
- Defenders: Oier, Carlos Clerc, Unai Garcia, Lillo, Juan Villar Vazquez, Aridane Hernandez, Endika Irigoyen.
- Midfielders: Nacho Vidal, David Garcia, Fran Merida, Roberto Torres, Ruben Garcia, Robert Ibanez, Inigo Perez, Miguel Olavide, Luis Perea, Jon Moncayola, Aimar Oroz.
- Forwards: Xisco, Enrique Barja, Brandon Thomas, Ivan Christopher Martinez, Javier Martinez.
Leganes Last 5 matches:
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-0 Win vs Sevilla
- 0-0 Draw vs Celta de Vigo
- 0-1 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
Osasuna Last 5 Matches:
- 1-0 Defeat vs Real Oviedo
- 3-2 Win vs Cordoba
- 2-0 Win vs Las palmas
- 0-0 Draw vs Cadiz
- 1-0 Win vs Reus
Predicted Result: Leganes 2 – 1 Osasuna
Match Preview: In the last 5 meetings, both the sides were equal with 2 victories for each and
The last time Leganes featured in a La Liga game, they used 3-1-4-2 formation against Huesca. So there may come a slight change in that formation. They have made a few changes to their squad during this transfer window and we will see a couple of new faces in the White and Blue colours.
Osasuna fielded a 4-4-1-1 formation against Reus Deportiu in their last Segunda division game. There will be a lot of changes to that set up, as they are going to play in whole new conditions of the 1st tier football league of Spain.
So I’m going with the stats in this fixture. The hosts are to hold on their recent unbeaten run against this oppnent. Osasuna might have a deadlock breaker in his case but that seems highly unlikely to be enough to get the job done. I’m predicting a 2-1 victory for the hosts and 3 points to start the campaign.