CD Leganes might have had the worst possible start to the season. They began with the hat-trick of defeat. Neither their home opener nor the away opener could provide them any single point. The Cucumber Growers finished on the 13th position last season. But it looks like that if they continue such kind of form they may have to face the relegation after the end of the campaign. However, now they are all set to play their sixth home game of the season. In a match week 10 fixture, they will welcome Real Mallorca at the Municipal de Butarque Stadium.
On the other hand, Real Mallorca is all set to play it’s 4th road match of the season. Although their away campaign started with a defeat against Valencia CF at the Mestalla, they are keen to turn it around. Nevertheless, they will have this trip to the Municipal de Butarque following their back to back home matches. Before taking on Los Pepineros, they will play Espanyol as well as Real Madrid respectively.
- Participating Teams: CD Leganes vs Real Mallorca
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 10
- Date: 25th/26th/27th October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Butarque
- Location: Leganes, Spain
- Capacity: 12,450
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag
Leganes Last 5 matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-1 Defeat vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Eibar
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
- 0-2 Defeat vs La Coruna
Predicted Result: CD Leganes 2 – 1 Real Mallorca
Match Preview: The start hasn’t been well for any of these sides. They both had a shaky start to the campaign. Thus it is going to be the clash between underdogs. So both the sides need the points badly and they should go for all the match points.
Out of the last 5 meetings between the two sides, both the sides have managed to win two games with the other being ended as a draw. However, the Vermilions should be happy to remember that they won the very last meeting between the two teams. Conversely, Leganes won the last match played at this venue between the sides and will like to recall the memory. In addition to this, in the last 5 head to heads both the sides managed to score 5 goals as well.
Nevertheless, my pick for this game a 2-1 victory for the hosts.