In a match week 04 clash, Club Deportivo Leganes will welcome Villarreal at the Estadio Municipal de Butarque. The fixture has been scheduled to start on 4 pm local time (2 pm GMT). So it is going to be a Saturday afternoon clash. Besides, it will be the 3rd home game of the campaign for the Cucumber Growers. They are to play their opening two fixtures at the home as well against Osasuna and Atletico de Madrid. But on this occasion, they will be back from the Estadio Benito Villamarin after facing Real Betis. Conversely, it will be the 2nd away game of the campaign for the Villarreal after their visit to the Ciudad de Valencia to play Levante. In fact, they will come to play this game after hosting Real Madrid at the home in their previous fixture.
- Participating Teams: CD Leganes vs Villarreal CF
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 04
- Date: 14th September 2019
- Time: 3 pm BST / 2 pm GMT / 4 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio Municipal de Butarque
- Location: Leganes, Spain
- Capacity: 12,450
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca, Karl Toko Ekambi, Raba.
Leganes Last 5 matches:
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-0 Win vs Sevilla
- 0-0 Draw vs Celta de Vigo
- 0-1 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
Villarreal Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Eibar
- 2-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 1-1 Draw vs Huesca
- 1-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
Predicted Result: Leganes 1 – 2 Villarreal
Match Preview: First of all, it will the clash between last season’s 13th and 14th side in the league table. So the teams look similar according to their last season performances. But I must add that, the Yellow Submarines definitely had a below-average previous campaign. Indeed, they are a far better side than that.
Nevertheless, it doesn’t need mentioning that they will have a new challenge waiting for them in this fresh new season. Moreover, they will play this game away from home. So there will be more pressure on Javier Calleja’s side for sure. But they are an experienced side and knows the league atmosphere very well. Thus they have all the ability that needs to make a strong comeback.
Conversely, Los Pepineros will play at their familiar ground. They will have the crowd support behind their backs. They will be definitely for a victory as well. But they will need to be at their best to beat a side like Villarreal.
Firstly, I’m expecting a very very competitive match. Secondly, I think, both the side will score in this encounter. Finally, my prediction is a narrow victory of 2-1 goal for the visiting side.