Just a couple of days prior to taking on Czech Republican side Slavia Prague in an important UEFA Champions League fixture, the defending La Liga champions will play Levante UD in a GD-12 fixture. The clash will take place at the Ciudad de Valencia Stadium. However, Barca is on a mission of their hat-trick La Liga title glory. In fact, they have pocketed it in the previous two seasons and will look to grab it once again. But the injury concerning starts didn’t let them display their typical kind of football in the earlier part of the season. Despite all these challenges, they have turned around pretty well and are looking to continue the dominance. Thus they will pay the visit to this Valencia-based venue with the aim of 3 points along with a dominating performance.
On the contrary, Levante UD is set to play their 6th home game of the season. They will come into this fixture following their trip to the Anoeta Stadium. However, after taking on the league title holders they will pack off their kit bags once again to head towards the San Mames.
- Participating Teams: Levante UD vs RCD Espanyol
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 12
- Date: 1st/2nd/3rd November 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadi Ciutat de Valencia
- Location: Valencia, Spain
- Capacity: 26,354
- Goalkeepers: Oitor Olazabal, Aitor Fernandez.
- Defenders: Carlos Clerc, Ivan Lopez, Tono, Chema, Coke, Sergio Postigo, Erick Cabaco, Antonio Luna.
- Midfielders: Jorge Miramon, Chieck Doukoure, Enis Bardhi, Jose Luis Morales, Ruben Vezo, Jose Campana.
- Forwards: Gonzalo Melero, Sergio Leon, Armando Sadiku, Hernani, Moses Simon, Sanjin Prcic, Roger Marti, Ruben Rochina, Nikola Vukcevic, Ivi.
- Goalkeepers: Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Luis Neto, Inaki Pena.
- Defenders: Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti, Nelson Semedo.
- Midfielders: Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arthur Melo, Rafnha, Carles Alena, Monchu, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie De Jong, Sergi Roberto.
- Forwards: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele.
Levante Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 2-1 Win vs Villarreal
- 0-1 Defeat vs Deportivo Alaves
- 2-2 Draw vs Atletico
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
Barcelona Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-2 Draw vs Osasuna
- 5-2 Win vs Real Betis
- 0-1 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-2 Draw vs Eibar
Predicted Result: Levante 0 – 3 Barcelona
Match Preview: It needs no mentioning that whenever a minnow faces Barcelona, they must defend themselves first. Thus there will be no surprise at all if the Frogs choose to play defensively. In fact, they may opt to play with the “Park the Bus” tactics. Conversely, the Catalans will be looking for all the 3 points for sure. In addition to this, the fans will expect such a dominating football display from the Blaugranas.
However, Levante doesn’t have a disappointing record against Barca in recent times. The Frogs have managed to win 2 games out of the last 5 head to heads. Meanwhile, the 26 times league winners have won 3 games against their counterparts.
Undoubtedly, I’m expecting a comprehensive Barcelona victory. I also back the visitors to keep a clean sheet in this fixture.