After back to back road matches, Levante is all set to come back to the home to take part in a game-day 10 fixture. The Valencia-based side will welcome Espanyol in their 5th home match of the season. However, Ciudad de Valencia Stadium will host the upper mentioned game. In addition to this, it’s quite fair to say that the Frogs did have a better than average start to the campaign. Especially, they have been pretty good in their home matches. In fact, they started their home campaign with back to back wins.
On the other hand, the Catalonia based side hasn’t had a great start at all. They had an amazing last season. But this season went in a different direction so far. However, it is going to be a long journey to Valencia for the Periquitos. They will have this trip right after their visit to the Ludogorets Arena. Thus they will have to travel such a long way from Bulgaria to Spain after their important UEFA Europa League clash against Ludogorets.
- Participating Teams: Levante UD vs RCD Espanyol
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 10
- Date: 25th/26th/27th October 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadi Ciutat de Valencia
- Location: Valencia, Spain
- Capacity: 26,354
- Goalkeepers: Oitor Olazabal, Aitor Fernandez.
- Defenders: Carlos Clerc, Ivan Lopez, Tono, Chema, Coke, Sergio Postigo, Erick Cabaco, Antonio Luna.
- Midfielders: Jorge Miramon, Chieck Doukoure, Enis Bardhi, Jose Luis Morales, Ruben Vezo, Jose Campana.
- Forwards: Gonzalo Melero, Sergio Leon, Armando Sadiku, Hernani, Moses Simon, Sanjin Prcic, Roger Marti, Ruben Rochina, Nikola Vukcevic, Ivi.
- Goalkeepers: Andres, Adrian, Diego Lopez.
- Defenders: Pipa, Naldo, A Pedrosa, Lluiz Lopez, D Vila, Bernardo Espinosa, A Giner, David Lopez, Javi Lopez.
- Midfielders: Matias Vargas, Victor Sanchez, A Iturrapse, S Darder, Oscar Melendo, Alex Lopez, Marc Roca, Esteban Granero, Wu Lei, Nicolas Melamed.
- Forwards: Victor Campuzano, Borja Iglesias, Facundo Ferreyra, Javier Puado, Pablo Piatti.
Levante Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 2-1 Win vs Villarreal
- 0-1 Defeat vs Deportivo Alaves
- 2-2 Draw vs Atletico
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
Espanyol Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date):
- 0-3 Defeat vs Granada
- 0-0 Draw vs Deportivo Alaves
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 2-0 Win vs Leganes
Predicted Result: Levante 1 – 0 Espanyol
Match Preview: As I have mentioned it earlier, Levante UD should be pretty confident after their great start in their abode. In addition to this, they won’t have any extra pressure from the European matches. Moreover, they will have the crowd support behind them. All these factors will keep the Frogs ahead.
Conversely, Espanyol should be concerned with their performances in the Spanish Primera Division. Furthermore, they will come to this game after an important UEL clash against Ludogorets. So they will have the tiredness of traveling a long way as well. But the thing which will cheer them will be the latest head to head stats. The White and Blues lead the recent race (last 5 matches) with a 2-1 margin. Thus, it may boost the morale of the visiting side.
My pick for this game is a narrow victory for the home side.