“Home advantage in football!” People who don’t believe in this theory, just show them Levante UD’s performances. The Frogs started the season with an away defeat against Deportivo Alaves. Then they returned to their home and managed to win back to back matches. The Ciutat de Valencia-based side defeated Villarreal CF as well as Real Valladolid in their next matches both at the home. However, then they once again packed off their kit bags and on their trip to the Santiago Bernabeu, they had to taste a hard-fought defeat against Real Madrid CF. So the story sums up that, the Granotas have been sublime in their home matches but struggled to earn points from the away fixtures. Nevertheless, they are all set to play their 6th home match against Real Mallorca as the two sides will take on each other in a match week 14 fixture.
On the contrary, Real Mallorca will play their 6th road fixture of the campaign when they will visit the Valencia-based ground. However, they will come into this fixture following their home match against Villarreal CF.
- Participating Teams: Levante UD vs RCD Mallorca
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 14
- Date: 22nd/23rd/24th November 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadi Ciutat de Valencia
- Location: Valencia, Spain
- Capacity: 26,354
- Goalkeepers: Oitor Olazabal, Aitor Fernandez.
- Defenders: Carlos Clerc, Ivan Lopez, Tono, Chema, Coke, Sergio Postigo, Erick Cabaco, Antonio Luna.
- Midfielders: Jorge Miramon, Chieck Doukoure, Enis Bardhi, Jose Luis Morales, Ruben Vezo, Jose Campana.
- Forwards: Gonzalo Melero, Sergio Leon, Armando Sadiku, Hernani, Moses Simon, Sanjin Prcic, Roger Marti, Ruben Rochina, Nikola Vukcevic, Ivi.
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag.
Levante Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 2-1 Win vs Villarreal
- 0-1 Defeat vs Deportivo Alaves
- 2-2 Draw vs Atletico
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Eibar
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
Predicted Result: Levante 2 – 0 Real Mallorca
Match Preview: The two sides have similarity in the term of squad strength. Thus one may expect a competitive game. However, the home condition will keep Levante UD ahead mentally. In addition to this, they should go for all the match points. Thus they are expected to display attacking kind of football.
Conversely, considering it as an away fixture, the Vermilions will most probably opt to play defensively. But they will certainly take their chances if given any. So the home side can’t take their opponents lightly.
Coming to the prediction, I’m putting the Frogs ahead. I am also backing their goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet in this fixture. Above all, my prediction for this game is a satisfying 2-0 victory for the home side.