Estadi Ciutat de Valencia is all set to host it’s first league game of the season. After visiting Mendizorrotza to play Deportivo Alaves, The Frogs will return to their home to welcome Villarreal in a match week 02 match. Conversely, The Yellow Submarines will be touring for the first time in this fresh new campaign. Their fresh new season will be kicked off against Granada at the Ceramica. Levante finished 15th in the league table last season meanwhile their counterparts finished just a spot above them. The match has been scheduled to take place on 8:45 local time (6:45 GMT). Levante will continue their home journey in the next weekend too. They will host Real Valladolid in their next game. On the contrary, Villarrel will return to their home too to welcome Los Blancos.
- Participating Teams: Levante UD vs Villarreal CF
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 02
- Date: 25th August, 2019
- Time: 7:45 pm BST/ 6:45 pm GMT/ 8:45 Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Estadi Ciutat de Valencia
- Location: Valencia, Spain
- Capacity: 26,354
- Goalkeepers: Oitor Olazabal, Aitor Fernandez.
- Defenders: Carlos Clerc, Ivan Lopez, Tono, Chema, Coke, Sergio Postigo, Erick Cabaco, Antonio Luna.
- Midfielders: Jorge Miramon, Chieck Doukoure, Enis Bardhi, Jose Luis Morales, Ruben Vezo, Jose Campana.
- Forwards: Gonzalo Melero, Sergio Leon, Armando Sadiku, Hernani, Moses Simon, Sanjin Prcic, Roger Marti, Ruben Rochina, Nikola Vukcevic, Ivi.
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca, Karl Toko Ekambi, Raba.
Levante Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Atletico
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
- 4-1 Win vs Vallecano
- 0-1 Defeat vs Barcelona
- 4-0 Win vs Betis
Villarreal Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Eibar
- 2-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 1-1 Draw vs Huesca
- 1-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
Predicted Result: Levante 1 – 2 Villarreal
Match Preview: Although the Yellow Submarines didn’t have a great last season, they are still one of the most consistent clubs in the league. They look stronger on pen and paper too. So the home side may go with a defensive tactics. But they will have the crowd support means the Granotas will certainly try to get the 3 points in their familiar condition. Coke, Campana, Jose Luis Morales as well as Ruben Rochina will have to play a vital role in this clash.
Villarreal will also look for all the 3 points. Certainly they have a highly potential squad. Villarreal should have a better season on this occasion as they are far better than what they did last season. Undoubtedly the Fans expect much more from the Yellows. Sergio Asenjo will be their most reliable option in between the sticks. Opponents will try their best to keep Santi Cazorla ordinary on the field. But the biggest threats will be posed by the striking duo Gerard Moreno and Carlos Bacca.
Firstly, I guess both the sides will score in this match. But there will be under 3.5 goals in this encounter. In addition to this, Gerard Moreno will most probably have his name on the score board. Finally, my prediction for this match is a 2-1 victory for the visiting side.