In the opening fixture of the 27th October, Newcastle Utd FC will come face to face with Wolverhampton Wanderers FC. The Sunday afternoon encounter will take place at St James’ Park. It will also be the 7th fixture of the game day 10 of this ongoing EPL season. The fixture has been scheduled to start at 3 pm BST (2 pm GMT). The Magpies will come into this fixture following their trip to the Stamford Bridge. They had to suffer a bitter defeat against the Blues. Newcastle Utd’s goal stopper M Dubravka had a wonderful game where he gained a rating of 8.5 and saved his side on numerous occasions. But a Marcos Alonso shot went through him to ensure the 3 points for Frank Lampard’s side.
On the contrary, the Wolves will have this trip to the Newcastle based venue following their home match against the Saints. Nuno Espirito Santos’ side drew Southampton 1-1 at the Molineux Stadium and grabbed a point. Now they will be heading towards the St James’ Park aiming for all the 3 points.
- Participating Teams: Newcastle Utd FC vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Date: 27th September
- Time: 3 pm BST / 2 pm GMT
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: St James’ Park, Newcastle
- Location: Barrack Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4ST, UK
- Capacity: 52,405
- Surface: Grass (Desso GrassMaster)
Newcastle United Team Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Martin Dubravka, Rob Elliot, Karl Darlow
- Defenders: Ciaran Clark, Paul Dummett, Fabian Schar, Jamaal Lascelles, Jetro Willems, Emil Krafth, Federico Fernandez, Javier Manquillo, Florian Lejeune, DeAndre Yedlin
- Midfielders: Ki Sung-yueng, Jonjo Shelvey, Allan Saint-Maximin, Matt Ritchie, Isaac Hayden, Miguel Almiron, Christian Atsu, Sean Longstaff, Matthew Longstaff
- Forwards: Andy Carroll, Joelinton, Dwight Gayle, Yoshinori Muto
Wolves Team Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Rui Patricio, John Ruddy
- Defenders: Matt Doherty, Jesus Vallejo, Ryan Bennett, Willy Boly, Conor Coady, Jonny, Dion Sanderson, Ruben Vinagre, Max Kilman
- Midfielders: Bruno Jordao, Pedro Neto, Ruben Neves, Morgan Gibbs-White, Taylor Perry, Romain Saiss, Joao Moutinho, Leander Dendoncker, Adama Traore, Meritan Shabani, Luke Cundle
- Forwards: Raul Jimenez, Patrick Cutrone, Diogo Jota
Last 5 Matches of Newcastle United:
- 0-1 Defeat vs Chelsea – Premier League
- 1-0 Win vs Manchester United – Premier League
- 0-5 Defeat vs Leicester City – Premier League
- 0-0 Draw vs Brighton – Premier League
- 1-3 Defeat vs Liverpool – Premier League
Last 5 Matches of Wolverhampton :
- 1-1 Draw vs Southampton – Premier League
- 2-0 Win vs Man City – Premier League
- 1-0 Win vs Besiktas – UEFA Europa League
- 2-0 Win vs Watford – Premier League
- 1-1 Draw vs Reading – League Cup
Predicted Result: Newcastle 0 – 2 Wolverhampton
Match Preview: Newcastle will have the advantage of playing in the home condition. But their form hasn’t been promising at all. However, their latest home fixture so far ended with a glorious victory over Man Utd. This victory will definitely boost their morale. But they are well aware that, it is not going to be an easy game for them against the in-form Wolves. So the Magpies will have to improve their form to do something special in this fixture.
One may keep the visitors ahead in this encounter. They are quite in good form and will like to continue it as well. Despite playing away from the home, they will feature as the favorites.
My pick for this game is a 2-0 away victory for the Wanderers.