Newcastle Utd will welcome AFC Bournemouth in a game week 12 fixture at the St James Park. It will be another Saturday afternoon clash which will take place on the 9th November. The early season fixture has been scheduled to start on 3 pm GMT (4 pm BST). The Magpies will come into this fixture following their trip to the London Stadium. After a shaky October they have come back into the winning ways as they managed to bag all the 3 match points from this early November encounter. They tasted a sweet victory over the Hammers as the GD-11 clash finished with a 3-2 victory for them.
On the other hand, Bournemouth will have this trip to the St James Park following a wonderful win over league giant Man Utd. They have got the better of the Red Devils in their latest league outing, thanks to a J King strike. This victory will boost their morale prior to take on the Magpies. It is definitely going to be a good game of football. Let’s see who comes out on top in this encounter.
- Participating Teams: Newcastle Utd FC vs AFC Bournemouth
- Date: 9th November
- Time: 4 pm BST / 3 pm GMT
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: St James’ Park, Newcastle
- Location: Barrack Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4ST, UK
- Capacity: 52,405
- Surface: Grass (Desso GrassMaster)
Newcastle United Team Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Martin Dubravka, Rob Elliot, Karl Darlow
- Defenders: Ciaran Clark, Paul Dummett, Fabian Schar, Jamaal Lascelles, Jetro Willems, Emil Krafth, Federico Fernandez, Javier Manquillo, Florian Lejeune, DeAndre Yedlin
- Midfielders: Ki Sung-yueng, Jonjo Shelvey, Allan Saint-Maximin, Matt Ritchie, Isaac Hayden, Miguel Almiron, Christian Atsu, Sean Longstaff, Matthew Longstaff
- Forwards: Andy Carroll, Joelinton, Dwight Gayle, Yoshinori Muto
Bournemouth Team Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Asmir Begovic, Artur Boruc, Aaron Ramsdale, Mark Travers.
- Defenders: Nathan Ake, Chris Mepham, Steve Cook, Lloyd Kelly, Diego Rico, Adam Smith, Tyrone Mings, Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis, Jack Simpson, Bradley Franchis, Matt Butcher.
- Midfielders: Ryan Fraser, Jefferson Lema, Lewis Cook, David Brooks, Jordon Ibe, Harry Arter, Junior Stanislas, Dan Gosling, Andrew Surman, Emerson Hyndman, Connor Mahoney, Nnamdi Ofoborh, Mihai alexandru Dobre, Kyle Taylor.
- Forwards: Callum Wilson, Dominic Solanke, Joshua King, Lys Mousset, Sam Surridge.
Last 5 Matches of Newcastle United:
- 3-2 Win vs West Ham Utd – Premier League
- 1-1 Draw vs Wolves – Premier League
- 0-1 Defeat vs Chelsea – Premier League
- 1-0 Win vs Manchester United – Premier League
- 0-5 Defeat vs Leicester City – Premier League
Last 5 Match of Bournemouth:
- 1-0 Win vs Man Utd – Premier League
- 0-0 Draw vs Watford – Premier League
- 0-0 Draw vs Norwich City – Premier League
- 0-1 Defeat vs Arsenal – Premier League
- 2-2 Draw vs West Ham United – Premier League
Predicted Result: Newcastle 1 – 1 Bournemouth
Match Preview: Newcastle will have the advantage of playing in the home condition. But their form hasn’t been promising at all. However, their latest league fixture ended with a glorious victory over West Ham. This victory will definitely boost their morale. But they are well aware that, it is not going to be an easy game for them against the in-form Cherries. So the Magpies will have to repeat their performance against the Hammers, to do something special in this fixture.
My pick for this game is a 1-1 Draw at the end of the 90 minutes.