Athletic Bilbao finished on the 8th spot in the league table last season. It cost them their place in the European football leagues as with just a position ahead, RCD Espanyol managed to qualify for the UEL. However, missing the European action for just a spot, Los Leones is determined on this occasion to get their place back into the popular continental competitions. In fact, they have made quite a good start to the league campaign. But their away campaign started with back to back draws as well. Thus, they will be trying to do something special when they will face CA Osasuna in their 7th road fixture of the season. Actually, the two sides will take on each other in a game-day 14 fixture at the Estadio El Sadar. Nevertheless, the Red and Whites will have this trip to the El Sadar following their home match against Levante UD.
On the contrary, CA Osasuna the newly promoted side will be playing their 7th home game of the campaign. They started the season with consecutive draws at the home. Thus they too will be looking for something exceptional in this fixture.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: CA Osasuna vs Athletic Bilbao
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 14
- Date: 22nd/23rd/24th November 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadio El Sadar
- Location: Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
- Capacity: 18,761
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Herrera, Ruben, Juan Perez.
- Defenders: Oier, Carlos Clerc, Unai Garcia, Lillo, Juan Villar Vazquez, Aridane Hernandez, Endika Irigoyen.
- Midfielders: Nacho Vidal, David Garcia, Fran Merida, Roberto Torres, Ruben Garcia, Robert Ibanez, Inigo Perez, Miguel Olavide, Luis Perea, Jon Moncayola, Aimar Oroz.
- Forwards: Xisco, Enrique Barja, Brandon Thomas, Ivan Christopher Martinez, Javier Martinez.
Athletic Bilbao Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Jokin Ezkieta, Iago Herrerin, Unai Simon.
- Defenders: Andony Lopez, Unai Nunez, Inigo Martinez, Yeray, Mikel San Jose, Yuri Berchiche, Inigo Lekue, Oscar de Marcos, Mikel Balenziaga.
- Midfielders: Cristian Ganea, Gaizka Larrazabal, Mikel Vesga, Inigo Cordoba, Benat, Dani Garcia, Ander Capa, Raul Garcia, Unai Lopez.
- Forwards: Aritz Aduriz, Ibai Gomez, Iker Muinain, Inaki Williams, Kenan Kodro, Gorka Guruzeta, Asier Villalibre, Peru Nolaskoain.
Osasuna Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Valladolid
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
- 0-0 Draw vs Eibar
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Oviedo
Athletic Bilbao Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Real Mallorca
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 1-1 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
Predicted Result: Osasuna 1 – 2 Athletic Bilbao
Match Preview: Osasuna has been impressive so far in their home matches. Los Rojillos really have shown class as well as consistency at their abode. Thus it is going to be a tough test for the Lions. In addition to this, they will most probably play for all 3 points. So I expect the Osasuna head coach to go with balanced tactics.
Conversely, Athletic Bilbao seemed to struggle in the away matches. However, overall they have been brilliant as well. Thus they too will be aiming all the 3 points. They may opt to play attacking football.
My pick for this match is an away victory for the Lions.