Defending champion FC Barcelona will have a visit to El Sadar as they will take on CA Osasuna in a match week 03 match. It will be the 3rd game of the league of this fresh new season for both the sides. Apart from this, it will also be the 2nd consecutive home game for the Gorritxoak. They will continue their home journey after hosting Eibar in their previous and also the first home match. Meanwhile, it will be the 2nd away game of the campaign for Barcelona. After their season opener at the San Mames against Bilbao, the Catalans headed back to home to welcome Real Betis. Now on this occasion, they will be on their way to Pamplona, Navarre. The Saturday afternoon clash will begin at 5 pm local time (3 pm GMT).
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: CA Osasuna vs FC Barcelona
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Week: 03
- Date: 31st August 2019
- Time: 4 pm BST/ 3 pm GMT/ 5 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio El Sadar
- Location: Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
- Capacity: 18,761
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Herrera, Ruben, Juan Perez.
- Defenders: Oier, Carlos Clerc, Unai Garcia, Lillo, Juan Villar Vazquez, Aridane Hernandez, Endika Irigoyen.
- Midfielders: Nacho Vidal, David Garcia, Fran Merida, Roberto Torres, Ruben Garcia, Robert Ibanez, Inigo Perez, Miguel Olavide, Luis Perea, Jon Moncayola, Aimar Oroz.
- Forwards: Xisco, Enrique Barja, Brandon Thomas, Ivan Christopher Martinez, Javier Martinez.
- Goalkeepers: Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Luis Neto, Inaki Pena.
- Defenders: Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti, Ronald Araujo, Nelson Semedo, Guilleme Jaime.
- Midfielders: Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arthur Melo, Rafnha, Philippe Coutinho, Carles Alena, Jean-Clair Todibo, Monchu, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie De Jong, Sergi Roberto.
- Forwards: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele, Hiroki Abe.
Osasuna Last 5 Matches:
- 1-0 Defeat vs Real Oviedo
- 3-2 Win vs Cordoba
- 2-0 Win vs Las palmas
- 0-0 Draw vs Cadiz
- 1-0 Win vs Reus
Barcelona Last 5 Matches:
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-2 Draw vs Eibar
- 2-0 Win vs Getafe
- 0-4 Defeat vs Liverpool
- 2-0 Win vs Celta de Vigo
Predicted Result: Osasuna 0 – 4 Barcelona
Match Preview: Firstly, it will be the previous season’s La Liga champions vs Segunda Division champions. So you may expect it to be a cracker. But logically I don’t see a competitive match on the card. The Blaugaranas are simply unstoppable in the Spanish top flight. Although Los Rojillos will have the home crowd behind them, it will be so much tough for them to get something from this match.
I am suspecting that Jagoba Arrasate will go with defensive tactics. He may put 5 instead of 4 defenders at the back for this encounter. Nevertheless, their keeper will have a tough day at the office against the world-class Barca attack.
Conversely, The Catalans are aiming their 27th league title. So they will go with an ultra attacking mode for sure. In addition to this, their deadly attack consisting of Messi, Griezmann, Suarez will put any team under pressure. Argentine sensation Leo Messi once again will be the key for them.
My prediction is a 4-0 victory for the visiting side. I am also guessing a Leo Messi brace in this game.