The match week 02 of La Liga starts with the clash between Osasuna and Eibar. The Saturday afternoon clash will be the first of the six matches which are to be played on the same day. The game will start on 5 pm local time and Estadio El Sadar will host the match. It will be the first home game for the Los Rojillos after their returning to the Spanish top flight this season. The promoted side will play their first league game against Leganes away from the home in their season opener. Meanwhile, it will be the second away game on the trot for Los Armeros. The visitors will return from Palma after facing Mallorca to take on the Segunda Division champions in their 2nd game of this fresh new season.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: CA Osasuna vs SD Eibar
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Week: 02
- Date: 24th August, 2019
- Time: 4 pm BST/ 3 pm GMT/ 5 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio El Sadar
- Location: Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
- Capacity: 18,761
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Herrera, Ruben, Juan Perez.
- Defenders: Oier, Carlos Clerc, Unai Garcia, Lillo, Juan Villar Vazquez, Aridane Hernandez, Endika Irigoyen.
- Midfielders: Nacho Vidal, David Garcia, Fran Merida, Roberto Torres, Ruben Garcia, Robert Ibanez, Inigo Perez, Miguel Olavide, Luis Perea, Jon Moncayola, Aimar Oroz.
- Forwards: Xisco, Enrique Barja, Brandon Thomas, Ivan Christopher Martinez, Javier Martinez.
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Esteban Burgos, Rober, Ruben Lobato, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Edu Exposito, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
Osasuna Last 5 Matches:
- 1-0 Defeat vs Real Oviedo
- 3-2 Win vs Cordoba
- 2-0 Win vs Las palmas
- 0-0 Draw vs Cadiz
- 1-0 Win vs Reus
Eibar Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
- 0-1 Defeat vs Villarreal
- 1-0 Win vs Betis
- 1-0 Win vs Valencia
- 0-2 Defeat vs Huesca
Predicted Result: Osasuna 1 – 1 Eibar
Match Preview : The last 5 times this two sides faced each other, the teams came out victorious on one one occasion each. The other three clashes ended as draw. One of them was a dull goalless draw too. Osasuna will have the home crowd behind them. It should boost the moral for the Gorritxoak. Jagoba Arrasate may field a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-4-2 formation for this encounter. The hosts in form trio Roberto Torres, Ruben Garcia and Xisco Jimenez would be the key for them. They scored goal on regular occasions last season and are expected to do so.
The visitors have a good chance in this match as well. They have good experienced players like Orellana, Escallante in the midfield. They also have goal scoring forwards in Sergi Enrich and Charles. So they are expected to play for all 3 points.
The last time this two sides took on each other the match finished 1 all. I’m picking the very same result for this clash too. A 1-1 draw at El Sadar after the 90 minutes, is what I’m guessing.