Club Atletico Osasuna will host Villarreal CF at the El Sadar Stadium in their match week 08 fixture. After two back to back matches on the road, they will make the comeback to their abode. In fact, they will play this fixture after two straight away trips to the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium and Ciudad de Valencia respectively. Besides, they will once again pack off the kit bags to have a visit to the Los Carmenes to face Granada in the next fixture. However, it will be their 4th home league game of the campaign.
On the contrary, it will be Villarreal’s 4th away fixture of the season. They will come to play this game following their home match against the Green and Whites. In addition to this, after taking on Osasuna, the Yellow Submarines will continue their road journey. They will head towards the RCDE Stadium to face Espanyol in their very next fixture. Nevertheless, the Ceramica Stadium based side finished 14th in the league table last season and will try to improve it on this occasion.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: CA Osasuna vs Villarreal CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 08
- Date: 6th October 2019
- Time: 3 pm BST / 2 pm GMT / 4 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Estadio El Sadar
- Location: Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
- Capacity: 18,761
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Herrera, Ruben, Juan Perez.
- Defenders: Oier, Carlos Clerc, Unai Garcia, Lillo, Juan Villar Vazquez, Aridane Hernandez, Endika Irigoyen.
- Midfielders: Nacho Vidal, David Garcia, Fran Merida, Roberto Torres, Ruben Garcia, Robert Ibanez, Inigo Perez, Miguel Olavide, Luis Perea, Jon Moncayola, Aimar Oroz.
- Forwards: Xisco, Enrique Barja, Brandon Thomas, Ivan Christopher Martinez, Javier Martinez.
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca, Karl Ekambi, Raba.
Osasuna Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Eibar
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Oviedo
- 3-2 Win vs Cordoba
- 2-0 Win vs Las palmas
Villarreal last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-2 Defeat vs Levante
- 4-4 vs Draw Granada
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Eibar
- 2-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
Predicted Result: Osasuna 1 – 2 Villarreal
Match Preview: Firstly, I am expecting this game to be a cracker. The Segunda Division champions are a good side. They can take a tough test of any opponent. In addition to this, they will play at their familiar home condition. Thus, they will aim all the 3 points for sure. But I think, they will try to play defensively and take their chances while given.
Conversely, Villarreal will play away from the home. But they will definitely eye all the match points. Moreover, they are a side known for playing attacking football specially against the mid-table clubs. Thus, I expect Javier Calleja to opt for the attacking style of play.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I’m backing both the sides to score. I guess Gerard Moreno will have his name on the score sheet. Finally, my pick is a 2-1 away win for the Yellow Submarines.