French Ligue 1 titleholders PSG are on their way to China. The country with the most number of people has already witnessed the magic of Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd, Juventus, and some other European heavyweight clubs this month. Now the most successful club of the last decade in France are set to entertain the football lovers of this East Asian Country, After enjoying a big break since lifting their 8th French title, ‘Les Rouge et Bleus’ are now taking part in preseason club friendlies. They have already featured in 3 games and in their 4th and very last match before the start of the fresh season, the Paris based club will take on Australian A-League side Sydney FC. Suzhou Olympic Sports Centre Stadium of Jiangsu will host the match on the 30th July. The game will be kicked off at 7:30 pm local time.
- Participating Teams: Paris Saint Germain vs Sydney FC
- Competition: Preseason Club Friendly
- Date: 30th July, 2019
- Time: 12:30 pm BST/ 11:30 am GMT/ 7:30 pm Local Time
- Day: Tuesday
- Venue: Suzhou Olympic Sports Centre
- Location: Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
- Capacity: 40,933
- Surface: Grass
PSG Team Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Goalkeepers: Alphonse Areola, Marcin Bulka, Kevin Trapp, Remy Descamps.
- Defenders: Defenders: Thiago Silva, Presnel Kimpembe, Thilo Kehrer, Marquinhos, Thomas Meunier, Juan Bernat, Layvin Kurzawa, Abdou Diallo, Mitchel Bakker, Colin Dagba, Stanley Nsoki.
- Midfielders: Marco Verratti, Leandro Paredes, Angel Di Maria, Pablo Sarabia, Ander Herrera, Julian Draxler.
- Forwards: Kylian Mbappe, Edinson Cavani, Neymar, Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting, Samuel Essende, Jese.
Sydney FC Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Andrew Redmayne, Alex Cisak, Tom Heward-Belle.
- Defenders: Ben Warland, Jop Van Der Linden, Jacob Tratt, Joel King, Liam McGing, Patrick Scibilio.
- Midfielders: Milos Ninkovic, Trent Buhagiar, Brandon O’Neil, Anthony Caceres, Mitch Austin, Siem De Jong, Cameron Devlin, Jerry Skotadis, Marco Tilio, Ryan Teague.
- Forwards: Adam Le Fronde, Alex Brosque, Reza Ghoochannejhad, Chris Zuvela, Luke Ivanovic, Jordi Swibel, Hamish Lamberton.
PSG Last 5 Matches:
- 1-1 Draw vs Nurnberg
- 6-1 Win vs Dynamo Dresden
- 1-3 Defeat vs Reims
- 4-0 Win vs Dijon
- 2-1 Win vs Angers
Sydney FC Squad:
- 3-0 Win vs St George City
- 6-0 Win vs Dunbar Rovers
- 0-4 Defeat vs Kawasaki
- 0-0 Draw vs Perth Glory
- 6-1 Win Melbourne Victory
Predicted Result: PSG 4 – 1 Sydney FC
Match Preview: Thomas Tuchel may apply 4-4-2 formation. Areola might start as the gloves man. The probable back four are Kehrer, Kurzawa, Juan Bernat and Thomas Meunier with the aforesaid duo to occupy the central positions and the two others in the
The Australian A-League runners up may play with a defensive tactics. Andrew Redmayne will be their first choice keeper. Their most prominent back four options are Aaron Calver, Alex Wilkinson, Michael Zullo and Rhyan Grant. Meanwhile Joshua Brilliante, Milos Ninkovic, Brandon O’Neil and Paulo Retre are the regular and favourite midfield options for their coach. Le Fondre and Brosque would be the key in the attack for this Australian club.
My prediction is a dominating 4-1 victory for the French champions who are clearly favourites in this match.