Real Betis finished 10th in the league table last season. But they failed to make an impressive start to the ongoing season. They suffered back to back defeats in the very beginning of the season. Both of their home opener as well as the away opener ended with disappointment. However, the Green and Whites are all set to take on SD Eibar in their 8th match of the campaign. It is also going to be their 5th home fixture of 2019-20 season. So the Benito Villamarin Stadium will have the privilege to host it’s 5th La Liga encounter. Nevertheless, the Verdiblancos will play this game following their trip to the Ceramica Stadium.
On the other hand, it is going to be the 5th road fixture for Eibar. After a hat-trick of away matches, they will have this visit to the Villamarin following their back to back home clashes against Sevilla and Celta Vigo. However, another crucial home fixture waiting for them as they will take on defending champions Barcelona at the Ipurua Stadium after this Betis clash.
- Participating Teams: Real Betis vs SD Eibar
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 08
- Date: 5th October 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST / 7 pm GMT / 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio Benito Villamarin
- Location: Seville, Spain
- Capacity: 60,720
Real Betis Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Daniel Martin Fernandez, Joel Robles.
- Defenders: Zouhair Feddal, Junior Fipro, Antonio Barragan, Sidnei, Marc Bartra.
- Midfielders: Ryad Boudebouz, Victor Camarasa, Darko Brasanac, Giovani Lo Celso, Alfonso Pedraza, Joaquin, Javi Garcia, Aissa Mandi, Sergio Canales, Andres Guardado, Willaim Carvalho.
- Forwards: Juanjo Narvaez, Emerson, Juanmi, Lorenzo Moron, Diego lainez, Emerson, Cristian Tello.
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
Real Betis last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-5 Defeat vs Barcelona
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valladolid
- 2-0 Win vs Real Madrid
- 2-1 Win vs Huesca
- 0-1 Defeat vs Eibar
Eibar last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Mallorca
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
- 0-1 Defeat vs Villarreal
- 1-0 Win vs Betis
Predicted Result: Real Betis 3 – 2 Eibar
Match Preview: Betis may not have had a good start to the campaign, but they are a very very dangerous side. In addition to this, they are more and more ruthless at their home. Moreover, last season they showed tremendous performances at this Seville based venue. They can beat any side in their abode. So you can’t take them lightly.
Eibar too looked shaky in the earlier weeks. But they have the ability of giant-killing. They are such a formidable side. So they will fight their hearts out to grab the points from this fixture.
Coming to the prediction, I’m smelling a sensational battle on the card. I’m also expecting a lot of goals. My pick is a 3-2 home victory for the Green and Whites.