The match week 04 of the fresh new La Liga season will come to an end with the clash between Real Betis and Getafe. It will be a Sunday night clash, which will begin at 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT). In addition to this, it is going to be Betis’ 3rd home game of the campaign. Moreover, it will be their 2nd consecutive match at the Estadio Benito Villamarin as they will continue their home journey following the clash against Leganes. The Green and Whites also played their season opener against Real Valladolid in this very same venue.
On the contrary, it will be the 2nd away fixture for Getafe. In fact, the club from the Spanish capital, will have a trip to the Villamarin following two straight home games. The Europa League contenders will host Atletic Bilbao as well as Deportivo Alaves at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez before heading towards Seville.
- Participating Teams: Real Betis vs Getafe CF
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 04
- Date: 15th September 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Estadio Benito Villamarin
- Location: Seville, Spain
- Capacity: 60,720
Real Betis Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Daniel Martin Fernandez, Joel Robles.
- Defenders: Zouhair Feddal, Junior Fipro, Antonio Barragan, Sidnei, Marc Bartra.
- Midfielders: Ryad Boudebouz, Victor Camarasa, Darko Brasanac, Giovani Lo Celso, Alfonso Pedraza, Joaquin, Javi Garcia, Aissa Mandi, Sergio Canales, Andres Guardado, Willaim Carvalho.
- Forwards: Juanjo Narvaez, Emerson, Juanmi, Lorenzo Moron, Diego lainez, Emerson, Cristian Tello.
Getafe Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Filip Manojlovic, Loenadro Chichizola, David Soria, Ruben Yanez.
- Defenders: Marc Cucurella, Allan Nyom, Raul Garcia, Dakoran Djene, Vitorio Antunes, Leonardo Cabrera, Bruno, Mathias Olivera, Miquel, Damian Suarez.
- Midfielders: Lazo, Fransisco Portillo, Markel Bergara, Mauro Arambarri, Jorge Molina, Nemanja Maksimovic.
- Forwards: Merveille Ndockyt, Amath Diedhiou, Enric Gallego, Jack Harper, Jaime Mata, Angel, Ivan Alejo.
Real Betis Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-0 Win vs Real Madrid
- 2-1 Win vs Huesca
- 0-1 Defeat vs Eibar
- 1-1 Draw vs Espanyol
- 0-4 Defeat vs Levante
Getafe Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barca
- 2-0 Win vs Girona
- 1-2 Defeat vs Sociedad
- 0-0 Draw vs Real Madrid
Predicted Result : Real Betis 2 – 1 Getafe
Match Preview : Firstly, both the sides match each other in the terms of squad strength. Betis finished in the 10th position last season. Meanwhile, Getafe had an outstanding campaign as they occupied the 5th spot in the league ladder. In addition to this, in the last 5 meetings, each of the side has won 2 games and the other one ended as a draw. But Getafe will be pleased to recall that they won the latest 2 battles between the two parties.
In fact, the Madrid based side won both games last season. After keeping a clean sheet and securing all the 3 points at the home, they went on to Villamarin and once again grabbed the 3 points. But this will be a new season, so the Verdiblancos will be hoping for something new as well. They will try their best to earn all the match points as well as seek the revenge.
I will keep Betis ahead on this occasion. Their squad looks a little bit stronger to me. And considering the home condition, I’m predicting a 2-1 victory for the home side. Andres Guardado may prove to be the key on this occasion for the hosts.