A month full of football is ready to say goodbye to the fans. August will take leave with this match week 03 clash between Real Betis and CD Leganes. Both the sides will play their 3rd game of the campaign in this Saturday night match. The fixture has been scheduled to start at 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT). In addition to this, it will be a second home game of the fresh new season for Betis. They will come to play this match after their away clash against Barcelona at the Camp Nou. Conversely, it will be the very 1st away game of the campaign for Leganes. The Cucumber Growers will be touring for the first time after their two consecutive home matches against Osasuna as well as Atletico Madrid.
- Participating Teams: Real Betis vs CD Leganes
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 03
- Date: 31st August 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio Benito Villamarin
- Location: Seville, Spain
- Capacity: 60,720
Real Betis Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Daniel Martin Fernandez, Joel Robles.
- Defenders: Zouhair Feddal, Junior Fipro, Antonio Barragan, Sidnei, Marc Bartra.
- Midfielders: Ryad Boudebouz, Victor Camarasa, Darko Brasanac, Alfonso Pedraza, Joaquin, Javi Garcia, Aissa Mandi, Sergio Canales, Andres Guardado, Willaim Carvalho.
- Forwards: Juanjo Narvaez, Emerson, Juanmi, Lorenzo Moron, Diego lainez, Emerson, Cristian Tello.
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
Real Betis Last 5 Matches (Last Season):
- 2-0 Win vs Real Madrid
- 2-1 Win vs Huesca
- 0-1 Defeat vs Eibar
- 1-1 Draw vs Espanyol
- 0-4 Defeat vs Levante
Leganes Last 5 matches (Last Season) :
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-0 Win vs Sevilla
- 0-0 Draw vs Celta de Vigo
- 0-1 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
Predicted Result: Real Betis 2 – 0 Leganes
Match Preview: First of all, Los Verdiblancos will play at their familiar home condition. They will get the crowd behind their backs at the Benito Villamarin. In addition to this, they had a better last season than their counterparts. The Green and Whites finished 10th in the league table last season in contrast to Los Pepineros’ 13th position. Moreover, they look stronger on pen and paper. The departure of Argentine sensation Giovanni Lo Celso will create a gap in their midfield as the midfielder recently joined EPL side Tottenham. But they still have a good quality balanced side in their stock.
Leganes will come to visit the Seville based venue to get a win but a draw certainly won’t disappoint them. Mauricio Pellegrino may go with slightly defensive tactics. They will be pleased with Lo Celso gone but will have to fight against the likes of Andres Guardado and William Carvalho. They will try to find the answer in the like of Gerard Gumbau.
My prediction for this game is a typical Betis performance and to keep a clean sheet at their fortress. So I’m picking a 2-0 victory for the hosts.