Real Madrid is the most successful team not only in the UCL history but also in the Spanish La Liga history. The 13 times UCL winners also top the La Liga winners’ list with 33 titles beside their names. However, the Spanish capital-based club only managed to win 2 titles in the last decade. They also failed to win the title in the last two seasons, with Barca running away with the trophy on both occasions. Last season they finished 3rd and fell behind city rival Atletico de Madrid. Thus, they are keen to break the shackles this season and aiming their 34th title. Nevertheless, they are all set to play their 8th league game of the campaign against Granada. It is going to be their 4th game of the season at the Santiago Bernabeu.
On the other hand, Granada will have their very first visit to the Bernabeu in the last two and a half year. Following their home clash against Leganes, the Nasrids will head towards the Spanish capital to take on one of the strongest teams in the league.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Real Madrid vs Granada CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 08
- Date: 5th October 2019
- Time: 3 pm BST / 2 pm GMT / 4 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 81,044
- Surface: Mixto Hybrid Grass Technology
Real Madrid Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Thibaut Courtois, Andriy Lunin.
- Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Nacho Fernandez, Marcelo, Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane.
- Midfielders: Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Lucas Vazquez, Luka Modric, Eden Hazard, Isco.
- Forwards: Luka Jovic, Karim Benzema, Marco Asensio, Gareth Bale.
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, D Duarte, Alex Martinez, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Y Herrera, Antonio Puertas.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano, Soldado.
Real Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Valladolid
- 3-1 Win vs Celta Vigo
- 0-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 3-2 Win vs Villareal
Granada Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 4-4 Draw vs Villarreal
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
- 1-1 Draw vs Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Cadiz
Predicted Result: Real Madrid 4 – 0 Granada
Match Preview: Firstly a home match and against a side like Granada, Real Madrid will certainly aim to secure all the match points. They may even go for a big win to get some goal difference advantage in the table. Thus, expect Zidane to go with an ultra attacking mode for this encounter. Moreover, they will try to find the early strikes to put the opposition under immense pressure.
Conversely, playing the Blancos away from the home doesn’t give any side a good feeling at all. Granada will try with all their hearts to tie the game. Thus, Diego Martinez will certainly opt the defensive tactics. Moreover, he may apply the park the bus option as well.
Coming to the prediction, I guess it as a one-sided clash. I also expect to flood of goals by the Madrid attackers and a clean sheet from Courtois. Finally, my pick is a 4-0 victory for the home side.