Los Blancos are the most successful side in the history of La Liga. But their performances in the domestic football in the recent seasons haven’t been up to the mark. They have won 4 UEFA Champions League trophies within this decade. But they only managed to win 2 La Liga titles in this same period. Their rival FC Barcelona completely dominated the Spanish domestic football in recent years. Thus the side from the Spanish capital looking to break their La Liga drought. In fact, they are aiming their 34th league title. With such a big task in hand, they will return to the Santiago Bernabeu following their away trip to the Camp Nou. In the post, El Clasico fixture, the 13 times UCL winners will take on CD Leganes in a match week 11 fixture.
On the other hand, CD Leganes have had the worst possible start to the season. They started the campaign with a hat-trick of defeat. Now they will play their 5th road game of the season against the former champions.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Real Madrid vs CD Leganes
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 11
- Date: 29th/30th/31st October 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 81,044
- Surface: Mixto Hybrid Grass Technology
Real Madrid Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Thibaut Courtois, Andriy Lunin.
- Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Nacho Fernandez, Marcelo, Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane.
- Midfielders: Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Lucas Vazquez, Luka Modric, Eden Hazard, Isco.
- Forwards: Luka Jovic, Karim Benzema, Marco Asensio, Gareth Bale.
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
Real Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Valladolid
- 3-1 Win vs Celta Vigo
- 0-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
Leganes Last 5 matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-1 Defeat vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
Predicted Result: Real Madrid 3 – 0 Leganes
Match Preview: Firstly, Real Madrid is definitely a much stronger side than their counterparts. In addition to this, they will play at their very familiar home conditions. Thus, there will be only one result, they will be thinking about. That will be nothing but a comprehensive home victory. On the contrary, the Cucumber Growers may show the lack of confidence, after their performances earlier in this season. They will definitely try their hearts out to draw this game. A point will give them immense pleasure for sure.
In addition to this, out of the last 5 meetings, the Whites tasted victories on 3 occasions with Los Pepineros winning just one game. However, the giants failed to beat Leganes in the ongoing year. In fact, they met on two occasions previously in 2019. In the earlier one, Leganes got a narrow victory over the former champions. Nevertheless, the latest meeting between the two teams so far ended in a dull draw.
My pick for this match is a dominating as well as a big victory for the hosts.