Real Madrid had a disappointing campaign in the latest season. They neither did well in UCL nor managed to win the La Liga title as well. In fact, they ended the season without winning a major trophy. Whatever, they are chasing their 34th Spanish top-flight title since the last couple of years. But they failed on back to back occasions. This season, they have emerged with a new looking side. In fact, Los Blancos have brought in the likes of Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic to convert the aim into reality. However, with just a few days remaining prior to their crucial UCL home fixture against French Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint Germain, the 33 times La Liga winners will be playing Real Sociedad.
In addition to this, the two sides will take on each other in a game-day 14 fixture. Estadio Santiago Bernabeu will host this encounter. On the other hand, Real Sociedad will be playing their 8th road fixture of the campaign against the Whites. Nevertheless, they will have this trip to the Spanish capital following their home match against CD Leganes.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 14
- Date: 22nd/23rd/24th November 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 81,044
- Surface: Mixto Hybrid Grass Technology
Real Madrid Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Thibaut Courtois, Andriy Lunin.
- Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Nacho Fernandez, Marcelo, Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane.
- Midfielders: Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Lucas Vazquez, Luka Modric, Eden Hazard, Isco.
- Forwards: Luka Jovic, Karim Benzema, Marco Asensio, Gareth Bale.
Real Sociedad Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Alex Remiro, Miguel Angel Moya.
- Defenders: Joseba Zaldua, Modibo Sagnan, Diego Llorente, Hector Moreno, Aritz Elustondo, Robin Le Normand, Aihen Munoz.
- Midfielders: Martin Odegaard, Igor Zubeldia, Asier Illaramendi, Mikel Marino, Ruben Pardo, Adnan Januzaj, David Zurutuza, Kevin Rodrigues, Luca Sangelli, Ander Guevara.
- Forwards: Mikel Oyarzabal, Willian Jose, Ander Barrentxea, A Isak, Portu.
Real Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 3-2 Win vs Levante
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Valladolid
- 3-1 Win vs Celta Vigo
- 0-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
Real Sociedad Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Atletico
- 0-2 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-0 Win vs Real Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Valencia CF
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
Predicted Result: Real Madrid 4 – 1 Real Sociedad
Match Preview: Real Madrid will be playing at their fortress. That means they will be eyeing all the 3 match points for sure. The Whites will also try to dominate the game as well. Thus Zinedine Zidane is definitely expected to opt attacking tactics. In fact, they may go with an ultra attacking mode. The new recruit Eden Hazard will be the key for the home side.
The White and Blues will be playing away from the home and that too against a side like the Galacticos. Thus, I expect them to play for just a point. A draw won’t disappoint the visitors at all. So they may go with a “Park the Bus” mode to see off the giants.
Nevertheless, I back both the sides to score in this game. My pick for this game is a dominating as well as a comprehensive victory for the home side.