Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, one of the most famous stadiums in football history will host it’s first La Liga match of the season on 24th August. It will also be the very first home game for the Blancos in this fresh new season. The Galacticos didn’t have a very good last season, where they failed to win any major trophy. Moreover, Zidane’s side also suffered some unfortunate as well as massive defeats in their preseason campaign. After visiting Estadio Municipal de Balaidos to play Celta Vigo, they will finally return to their fortress after a long break. On the contrary, their counterparts will play their 2nd away game on the trot. Because they will head towards the Spanish capital after facing Real Betis in their season opener. The clash will begin on 7 pm local time (6 pm BST).
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Real Madrid vs Real Valladolid
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Week: 02
- Date: 24th August
- Time: 6 pm BST/ 5 pm GMT/ 7 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Capacity: 81,044
- Surface: Mixto Hybrid Grass Technology
Real Madrid Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Thibaut Courtois, Andriy Lunin, Diego Altube.
- Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Nacho Fernandez, Marcelo, Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane, Eder Militao, Ferland Mendy, Javier Hernandez Cabrera, Jesus Vallejo, Adrian de la Fuente.
- Midfielders: Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Lucas Vazquez, Luka Modric, Eden Hazard, Brahim Diaz, Federico Valverde, Javier Munoz Jimenez, Jaime Seaone, Vinicius Jose Paixao de Oliviera Junior, Isco.
- Forwards: Luka Jovic, Karim Benzema, Marco Asensio, Gareth Bale, Mariano Diaz Mejia, Takefusa Kubo, Rodrygo Silva de Goes, Dani Gomez, Ruben Sobrino, Cristo Ramon Gonzalez Perez.
Valladolid Squad :
- Goal Keepers : Churripi, Jordi Masip.
- Defenders : Federico Barba, Kiko, Fernando Calero, Luismi, Javi Antonito, Javi Moyano, Nacho Martinez.
- Midfielders : Javi Sanchez, Akvaro Aguado, David Mayoral, Joaquin,Fede San Emeterio, Jorge de Frutos, Hervias, Anuar, Toni Villa, Ruben Alcaraz, Michel.
- Forwards : Chris Ramos, Waldo Rubio, Sandro Ramirez, Marcos de Sousa, Enes Unal, Oscar Plano, Stiven Plaza, Sergi Guardiola.
Real Madrid Last 5 Matches:
- 0-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 3-2 Win vs Villareal
- 0-1 Defeat vs Vallecano
- 0-0 Draw vs Getafe
Valladolid Last 5 Matches :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-1 Win vs Rayo Vallecano
- 1-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 1-0 Win vs Girona
Predicted Result: Real Madrid 4 – 0 Valladolid
Match Preview: Very first home game means it will be the Santiago Bernabeu debut for their new signings. More than half a lac fans will welcome Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic and other new comers in their new home. Zidane should go with ultra attacking mode for this encounter. All their stars should be fit and ready early in the season and are expected to feature in this match. Hazard may get his first home goal for Real Madrid in this fixture. The Belgian will also be the key player for his side. You will have to wait to see, whom Zizou picks between Thibaut Courtois and Keylor Navas.
The visitors will play for a point for sure and might apply park the bus method. A point will certainly please them but even that it would be so much difficult to achieve in the Blancos’ fortress.
My prediction is an easy, dominating 4-0 victory for the hosts.