After an international break of more than one and a half week, La Liga is all set to back with the match week 04. The game day 4 kicks off with a Friday night clash between Real Mallorca and Athletic Bilbao. Estadi de Son Moix will host the fixture which will begin at 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT). It will be the 3rd home game of the campaign for the Vermilions. After two straight home match to start the season, they went on to visit Mestalla to face Valencia. Now they will be once again back to their backstop. On the other hand, Los Leones will play their 2nd away match after the visit to Madrid to take on Getafe. They will actually visit the Baleric Islands-based venue following their home fixture against Real Sociedad.
- Participating Teams: Real Mallorca vs Athletic Bilbao
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 04
- Date: 13th September 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Friday
- Venue: Estadi de Son Moix
- Location: Palma, Spain
- Capacity: 23,142
- Surface: Grass
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Abdon, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag, Pervis Estupinan.
Athletic Bilbao Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Jokin Ezkieta, Iago Herrerin, Unai Simon.
- Defenders: Andony Lopez, Unai Nunez, Inigo Martinez, Yeray, Mikel San Jose, Yuri Berchiche, Inigo Lekue, Oscar de Marcos, Mikel Balenziaga.
- Midfielders: Cristian Ganea, Gaizka Larrazabal, Mikel Vesga, Inigo Cordoba, Benat, Dani Garcia, Ander Capa, Raul Garcia, Unai Lopez.
- Forwards: Aritz Aduriz, Ibai Gomez, Iker Muinain, Inaki Williams, Kenan Kodro, Gorka Guruzeta, Asier Villalibre, Peru Nolaskoain.
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
- 0-2 Defeat vs La Coruna
- 0-1 Defeat vs Albacete
- 2-0 Win vs Albaacete
- 0-0 Draw vs Extremadura
Athletic Bilbao last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 3-1 Win vs Celta de Vigo
- 0-1 Defeat vs Valladolid
- 1-1 Draw vs Alaves
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
Predicted Result: Real Mallorca 0 – 2 Athletic Bilbao
Match Preview: Athletic Bilbao does have the stronger squad between the two sides. Conversely, Mallorca will play in their familiar home condition. So it is not going to be an easy match for any side. Once again expect what a weaker side do against a comparatively better side. Vicente Moreno may opt to go with slightly defensive tactics in this clash.
On the other hand, despite an unfamiliar away condition, the Red and Whites will try to snatch 3 points from the fixture. So i expect Gaizka Garitano to play with balanced but slightly attacking tactics. They will be definitely looking for an early goal there at the Son Moix.
Now come to the prediction, first of all, I’m guessing there will be less than 2.5 goals in this encounter. I also expect the visitor’s goal stopper to keep a valuable clean sheet in this clash. Finally, I’m picking a 2-0 victory for the visiting side. But you never know in football. Thus anything can happen. So there is no option to underestimate the newly-promoted side.