At the very same time of Leganes Bilbao clash, Real Mallorca will come face to face with mighty Atletico Madrid. Thus, it will also be a Wednesday evening clash. However, the match week 06 fixture will begin at 7 pm local time (5 pm GMT). In addition to this, it will be 4th home game of the season for Real Mallorca at the Estadi de Son Moix. Initially, they were to play their first 3 home matches against Eibar, Real Sociedad, and Atletic Bilbao respectively. But they will come to this fixture following their trip to the Coliseum Alfonso Perez.
Conversely, it will be the 3rd away fixture of the campaign for Atletico. The current league runners up played their first two road matches against Real Sociedad and Leganes. However, they will come to this fixture after their home clash against Celta de Vigo. Moreover, following the road clash against Mallorca, the Rojiblancos will go to their abode to welcome Real Madrid in the Madrid Derby clash.
- Participating Teams: Real Mallorca vs Atletico Madrid
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 06
- Date: 25th September 2019
- Time: 6 pm BST/ 5 pm GMT/ 7 pm Local Time
- Day: Wednesday
- Venue: Estadi de Son Moix
- Location: Palma, Spain
- Capacity: 23,142
- Surface: Grass
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag.
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak, Alejandro Dos Santos Ferreira.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Antonio Montoro, Kieran Trippier, Saim Vrsaljko, Rodrigo Riquelme.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Teye Thomas, Koke, Saul Niguez, Antonio Moya, Joaquin Munoz, Joao Felix Sequeira, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Giovanni Navrro Sole, Abdelkader Ouseslati, Ivan Saponjic.
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-1 Win vs Eibar
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
- 0-2 Defeat vs La Coruna
- 0-1 Defeat vs Albacete
- 2-0 Win vs Albaacete
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Getafe
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 0-3 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Valladolid
Predicted Result: Real Mallorca 0 – 2 Atletico de Madrid
Match Preview: When a mid-table side plays Atletico Madrid, they have to defend themselves first. So, there remains no doubt that the Vermilions will opt to play defensively. However, considering it a home match, they will be looking for the points too. Thus, I expect them to stay back but keep doing counter-attacks, whenever they get their chances.
On the contrary, I just think that the league runners up will try to play dominantly. Simeone will go with attacking tactics for sure. Moreover, they will seek an early lead to put pressure on the opposition.
Coming to the prediction, I guess a typical Atletico kind of display of football. Moreover, I back Oblak to keep a clean sheet. Finally, my pick is a 2-0 away victory for the visiting side.